Plus2Joe

State of The Empire Address: Team Introduction Discussion Thread

Huge congrats to you guys, and the best of wishes to Steve.  He was the public-facing face of this franchise for, what, three years?  His streams will be missed. 

I am curious about those not mentioned like Garmon, Treb, Barbarossa Blade, shiny idol, Saint, and, of course, Trajan.

You don't need to answer, as it isn't our business really, but we super fans appreciate knowing who is around.  Especially Trajan.  Fair to assume we have two new Emperors?

Hi Andy,

First off, thanks for the congrats. I've been working on the franchise all-up behind the scenes now since the beginning of the year, and have been on Castle Siege for quite a bit longer (since its inception). It's an exciting challenge to have the whole franchise now, and I'm looking forward to all the cool things we have coming up. We all understand the responsibility here, and we're taking it very seriously.

As for where everyone else is off to, they're still around but are shuffling roles--new and shiny opportunities come along sometimes and it's great to see these guys and gals off and succeeding in new directions. Many of them are still part of our support structure, too, so I'll be running across them in my daily goings-on.

As for new Emperors, we're honored to accept the title, and will strive our best to prove worthy of it!

Great announcement guys! A big welcome to Ben, Matt, Joe and the rest of the team.

I'm still going to try and stream when I can! The last few months have been absolutely crazy, but I hope to hop on and get my butt kicked in AoE II on Twitch every once in a while.

Right on, good to see you will be sticking around Steve. 

Looking forward guys!

Edited by Chicks

Matt “Circi0” Lesnak—Program Manager
[...] Ben and I already have plans to help improve all of the existing Age titles, and I’m looking forward to sharing more with you in the coming weeks!

Do you, Circi0, consider AoEO an existing Age title? This is not a trick question, I'm serious.

Do you, Circi0, consider AoEO an existing Age title? This is not a trick question, I'm serious.

Also wondering if this includes Age of Mythology. Boy, do I miss that game. Wish there would've been a sequel to it.

Age of Empires Online is no longer considered an active title after its sunset last year. We hear the feedback and the requests to bring it back in some form, but at present there are no plans to do so.

Age of Mythology is seeing a revitalization on Steam at the moment with the Extended Edition, and we'll have some more Myth news to share with you soon!

Edited by MS dariakus

Age of Empires Online is no longer considered an active title after its sunset last year. We hear the feedback and the requests to bring it back in some form, but at present there are no plans to do so.

Age of Mythology is seeing a revitalization on Steam at the moment with the HD edition, and we'll have some more Myth news to share with you soon!

Okay first of all, I'm a little bit happy about AoEO being offline. Is that bad? It just seemed so cashgrabby. When I played it it had that Farmville feel to it... It really didn't seem like an Age title at all.

Secondly, I can't WAIT. AoM is my favorite Age title. I'm hoping the HD version also includes remeshes, because *** do those units look BLOCKY.

Okay first of all, I'm a little bit happy about AoEO being offline. Is that bad? It just seemed so cashgrabby. When I played it it had that Farmville feel to it... It really didn't seem like an Age title at all.

Personallly I feel the AoE: CS is more of a cash grab, and that I disagree AoEO was terrible(though the users from the other sections may disagree with me). And not losing resources ever is not automatically farmville to me. 

Personallly I feel the AoE: CS is more of a cash grab

there is no question there.  it isnt a pejorative thing in my mind.  my video game budget is probably smaller than ever before in my life, but I have never paid so much before for a video game.  the nice thing is that I am voting with my dollars.  I've paid thousands of dollars buying $50 games that I never got into.

this is a complex issue and certainly the freemium model (or whatever this is called) has some serious issues.

Edited by Andy Pierce
that comma wasnt going to delete itself.

Secondly, I can't WAIT. AoM is my favorite Age title. I'm hoping the HD version also includes remeshes, because *** do those units look BLOCKY.

No need to wait, it's been here for over a year. http://store.steampowered.com/app/266840/

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts