Plus2Joe

State of The Empire Address: Team Introduction Discussion Thread

He's talking about AoM HD. The current AoM version on Steam is not HD. Big difference.

If you check back, dariakus has edited his post. There is no AoM HD, only the Extended Edition. I don't believe that there will be another re-release of AoM while a DLC is on the  way now.

Quite right. A slip of the fingers there--I had Age 2 HD on the mind. There is only the EE for Age of Myth, with an expansion coming later this year. Keep your eyes on ageofempires.com for the official announcement in the near future!

If you check back, dariakus has edited his post. There is no AoM HD, only the Extended Edition. I don't believe that there will be another re-release of AoM while a DLC is on the  way now.

The current AoM version on Steam is not HD, I said. There is no AoM HD, you say. Uhm, yeah. You said exactly the same thing in other words, congrats:D

New AoM material to play would be very interesting, though. Looking forward to any announcement in that department:)

Hi,

My name is Matt, I was very involved in the times of AOEO, and have been a member of the Age community for about 10 years. I have streamed in the past, with my brother, on the age official channel and have developed a relationship with kiefer (Steve). He was a very important part of this community and it is a loss to have him leave, bit congrats to him on his new opportunities.

I want to begin a relationship with the new people and continue bringing streams and events to the community. I am part of a team that hosts events and is based out of eso-community.net . We have our tournament finals coming up and I wanted to ensure we have good communication and to reserve a time slot to either stream on the official ageofempires twitch channel, or host our channel on there.

Welcome to the new members, hope to hear from you, good luck in your new positions. You can contact me at the following:

matt@mjrwebdesign.net

Thank you.

- Matt

Edited by sKs IAmSoldieR

You will also still see me around, as I will be helping Joe with the transition into being the new Community Coordinator for the AoE series. :)

Well there is still an unanswered PM in your mailbox and Dariakus'

Well there is still an unanswered PM in your mailbox and Dariakus'

From what I gather, Dariakus has replied to your PM. Regardless, as he said earlier in this thread, there are no plans to bring back Age Online. Given how much time I spent working on AoEO, it's disappointing for me to say and admit as well, but that doesn't change the reality.

Besides, there are a number of exciting things happening in the franchise now and in the future. There are expansions coming for Age II and Myth; Castle Siege is continually being updated. Isn't it better to keep looking forward than constantly looking back?

It is better to look forward. But you guys caught lightning in a bottle with AoEO. I don't know how to be polite with this, but for me, expansions for 12-year-old titles just don't move the needle.  

I hope you and dariakus are co-emperors when the franchise releases an rts successor. As you guys surely know, we are chomping for it.  

In Star Wars terms, AoECS is an animated show that takes place in the gaps. AoE4 would turn you guys into JJ Abrams. 

Edited by Andy Pierce

From what I gather, Dariakus has replied to your PM. Regardless, as he said earlier in this thread, there are no plans to bring back Age Online. Given how much time I spent working on AoEO, it's disappointing for me to say and admit as well, but that doesn't change the reality.

Besides, there are a number of exciting things happening in the franchise now and in the future. There are expansions coming for Age II and Myth; Castle Siege is continually being updated. Isn't it better to keep looking forward than constantly looking back?

If there were valid reasons for the shutdown the community could have peace with it. Just to name a few arguments which are in favor of Age of Empires Online:

- There is no successor

- A 15 year old game seems to be it's replacement and does get updates

- The game is developed so only running costs are in scope

- It's a darn good game, which with some small changes could easily be monitized

Can name a few more [scared]

Edited by Mindgem

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts