Earl Garth

Quit your crown addiction here at Earl's Rehab Clinic

43 minutes ago, POORFELLER said:

Have you got some replays showing that still on the logs?  Would love to see them.  I have several hundred crowns I'd be more than happy to dump to get the upgrades.  I just can't see how I'd breach walls with 2 to 4 troops & gather enough stuff.

I don't have any replay, haven't done that recently I'm afraid.
For pennants it's easy, you can often find the buildings outside so you only need 1-2 TK and you're done :) Otherwise I go for those close to the wall and bring archers. In desperate measures I can launch some yellows but that's really when I'm desperate :D 
Except for pennants, I don't mind if I don't get all the resources targeted, it's often quicker to get whatever you can with a few troops then go directly into another battle than try to get all the buildings (and deploy a lot of troops to do so). But you need first to make peace with the fact that you're going to loose all your crown...
I believe you can watch some of @ExteriorDropz, replays. We may not have exactly the same method but the result is the same ;)

3 hours ago, Shaz said:

For pennants it's easy, you can often find the buildings outside so you only need 1-2 TK and you're done :) Otherwise I go for those close to the wall and bring archers. In desperate measures I can launch some yellows but that's really when I'm desperate :D 
Except for pennants, I don't mind if I don't get all the resources targeted, it's often quicker to get whatever you can with a few troops then go directly into another battle than try to get all the buildings (and deploy a lot of troops to do so). But you need first to make peace with the fact that you're going to loose all your crown...
I believe you can watch some of @ExteriorDropz, replays. We may not have exactly the same method but the result is the same ;)

I haven't worried about crowns since way back when I first got 100.  They just seem to accumulate, and make me more vulnerable to attack when I'm trying to upgrade.  I'd much rather someone nexted past my defense, like they did when I was under 500.  So, I'll give your methods a try.  I can fill up the army with archers and TK's, and just hit resources/pennants.  It sounds like a good plan.

7 hours ago, Shaz said:

3 hours ago, POORFELLER said:

I haven't worried about crowns since way back when I first got 100.  They just seem to accumulate, and make me more vulnerable to attack when I'm trying to upgrade.  I'd much rather someone nexted past my defense, like they did when I was under 500.  So, I'll give your methods a try.  I can fill up the army with archers and TK's, and just hit resources/pennants.  It sounds like a good plan.

lol, I deploy 68 archers and only hit what's outside or right next to a wall, my rez grows veeeeeeery quicly that way, just whish the build times could keep up.

however, I get quite a few wins with the archers like this and don't have to even use a single HERO. I add heroes for conram when I go zombie hunting though :)

Crowns, what crowns. I am FULLY rehabilitated........well......until I'm fully upgraded :)

Edited by GhengisKhan1981

I dropped my crowns a good while ago but from time to time might compete for a season. I never found any good sniping technique either ( except for pennants with a couple of TKs). I always found that I got more by going all in. So instead of sniping a little here and there, when I'm in low crown mode I still go all in but with the following difference:

I avoid high crown targets ( unless they've got loads of stone!). I break PT all the time. I rotate ALL my heroes. I don't care if the target is active or a zombie. I don't care if the target comes back to revenge me.  I try new unit/hero combos. And most importantly, I seriously don't care if I win or lose. I even aim to attack castles that scare me the most and that I would usually next since I don't care of the outcome as long as I get the resources.

Doing this not only made the game highly enjoyable again but it also has made me a much better player. I highly recommend it [thumbup]

What should I do. I have completely maxed my castle, so I don't need to collect resources, so I don't need to drop my crowns. Wonders are ready too, I cannot move to another alliance. Fighting for crowns to climb the leaderboard is not an option, because I don't have enough time.

Tell me doctor, what can I do ?

1 hour ago, Kicho said:

I cannot move to another alliance.Tell me doctor, what can I do ?

I see that you're and Emperor so I can understand the reluctance. But I know plenty of Emperors who go visit other alliances just to say hi or drop those excess resources to help other alliances finish their wonder. It's good fun and it feels god to help out. You just need to make sure you have a trusted Lord who can take your title while you pop out.

Ask @Not Your Mom for some creative gaming. Their alliance has fun mini games such as 'no hero week' or 'siegeless attack week' etc [thumbup]

1 hour ago, RecklessViking said:

I see that you're and Emperor so I can understand the reluctance. But I know plenty of Emperors who go visit other alliances just to say hi or drop those excess resources to help other alliances finish their wonder. It's good fun and it feels god to help out. You just need to make sure you have a trusted Lord who can take your title while you pop out.

Ask @Not Your Mom for some creative gaming. Their alliance has fun mini games such as 'no hero week' or 'siegeless attack week' etc [thumbup]

But.... Why me....? I'm just a poor boy~

On: That's odd. @Kicho, are you seriously can't leave your alliance?

1 hour ago, Not Your Mom said:

But.... Why me....? I'm just a poor boy~

On: That's odd. @Kicho, are you seriously can't leave your alliance?

I have alts for traveling between alliances. I just don't know what to do with the main.

Maybe I'll have to take some rest.

Every once in awhile, it becomes necessary to remind everyone that this thread is here and available to all who have finally come to the realization that they have a problem.  Remember, at Earl's Clinic every addiction is treated as an illness, and an individual program can be set up to meet your needs.  Do you have one of the following symptoms:

Do you wake up at night, thinking your peace treaty has ended and your keep has been attacked?

Is your phone/mouse finger so sore from clicking next that you can't put real food in your mouth?

Have friends and family started avoiding you because you keep returning to your phone/computer to logon?

Have you thought of purchasing auto-clicker software?

Do you have delusions of one more attack putting you over-the-top?

Have you typed messages on the forum about the inequity of crown distribution, while secretly being glad that one star netted you 150 crowns?

If so, you might have a problem.  It's not too late, and you don't have to wait for an interdiction.  Apply now, before you build that next army and spend your gold to speed up training.

This thread is in tribute to Earl Garth, the founder of Earl's Clinic.  No actual services are available.