skh812

Quotes You Love

"A belief in h*** and the knowledge that every ambition is doomed to frustration at the hands of a skeleton, have never prevented the majority of human beings from behaving as though death were no more than an unfounded rumor."
-
Aldous Huxley, Themes and Variations (1950)

"The human reproductive drive is a watered-down version of the God-S** that spawned our solar system."
-Homeless Man in the Safeway Parking Lot

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders.  Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
-
Antoine de Saint Exupéry

"The unhappy person resents it when you try to cheer him up, because that means he has to stop dwelling on himself and start paying attention to the universe.  Unhappiness is the ultimate form of self-indulgence.  When you're unhappy, you get to pay a lot of attention to yourself.  You get to take yourself oh so very seriously."
-Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume (1988)

"If I find in the morning a message from myself the night before informing me that there is a world around us which we barely sense, or that we can become one with the universe, I may disbelieve.  But when I'm high, I know about this disbelief.  And so I have a tape recorder in which I exhort myself to take such remarks seriously.  I say "Listen closely, you son-of-a-*** of the morning!  This stuff is real!!!"
-Carl Sagan (Astronomer, Cosmologist, Astro-Physicist, Astro-Biologist, and Author), Essay as Mr. X, in Marihuana Reconsidered (1971)

"That man can destroy life is just as miraculous a feat as that he can create it, for Life is the miracle, the inexplicable.  In the act of destruction, man sets himself above life; he transcends himself as a creature.  Thus, the ultimate choice for a man, inasmuch as he is driven to transcend himself, is to create or destroy, to love or hate."
-Erich Fromm, The Sane Society (1956)

"Great talents are the most lovely and often the most dangerous fruits on the tree of humanity.  They hang upon the most slender twigs that are easily snapped off."
-Carl Gustav Jung

"Industrial Food is not cheap because it is efficient, but because it is supported by subsidies, and it externalizes all costs- the wars, the diseases, the environmental destruction, the cultural decay, the social disintegration."
-Vandana Shiva, Earth Democracy: Justice, Sustainability, and Peace (2006)

"The corporation is an externalizing machine, in the same way that a shark is a killing machine.  There isn't any question of malevolence or of will.  The enterprise has within it, as the shark has within it, those characteristics that enable it to do that for which it is designed."
-
Robert Monks

"To laugh is to risk appearing a fool, to weep is to risk appearing sentimental.  To reach out to another is to risk involvement, to expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self.  To place your ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss.  To love is to risk not being loved in return.  To hope is to risk despair, to try is to risk failure.    But risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.  The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing.  He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change, grow, or live.  Chained by his servitude, he is a slave who has forfeited all freedom."
-William Arthur Ward

Edited by skh812

18 hours ago, skh812 said:

"To laugh is to risk appearing a fool, to weep is to risk appearing sentimental.  To reach out to another is to risk involvement, to expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self.  To place your ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss.  To love is to risk not being loved in return.  To hope is to risk despair, to try is to risk failure.    But risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.  The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing.  He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change, grow, or live.  Chained by his servitude, he is a slave who has forfeited all freedom."
-William Arthur Ward

One of my favorites that I had forgotten all of it....thank you ever so much

"Do or Do Not, There is no Try..." Yoda

"Stop Trying to hit me and hit me..." Morpheus

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.  There is no spoon..." Spoon Boy

"When the mind tries, the consciousness flickers and wavers like a candle flame in a breeze..."  The Buddha

When you "TRY" something:

• You acknowledge the possibility of failing...
  • You are thinking... Remove thinking and the the mind moves naturally...
  • You create separation between the Object and Subject...

BD... 

Edited by Dudeist Priest
Forgot to English...

1 hour ago, InflamedNut2 said:

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift.

That's why it's called the present.

Bill Keane, Family Circus

However...

Yesterday never happened and tomorrow will never come; it is ALWAYS today...

If you want, you can keep condensing that down until you finally get to NOW, it is always, NOW, every other time is a figment of your imagination...

This is similar to the, "Infinite distance between any two objects" paradox, AKA the Dichotomy paradox, you never actually move anywhere, motion is just an illusion...

Heck, I can go one further and tie in the game...

Remember when the LBs took down walls and keeps like butter?  Remember they were nerfed?  Want to know why?!?!?

Arrow paradox[edit]

220px-Zeno_Arrow_Paradox.png

The arrow

If everything when it occupies an equal space is at rest, and if that which is in locomotion is always occupying such a space at any moment, the flying arrow is therefore motionless.[12]

– as recounted by Aristotle, Physics VI:9, 239b5

In the arrow paradox (also known as the fletcher's paradox), Zeno states that for motion to occur, an object must change the position which it occupies. He gives an example of an arrow in flight. He states that in any one (duration-less) instant of time, the arrow is neither moving to where it is, nor to where it is not.[13] It cannot move to where it is not, because no time elapses for it to move there; it cannot move to where it is, because it is already there. In other words, at every instant of time there is no motion occurring. If everything is motionless at every instant, and time is entirely composed of instants, then motion is impossible.

Whereas the first two paradoxes divide space, this paradox starts by dividing time—and not into segments, but into points.[14]

One of the Devs realised the arrows could never move... so they nerfed them...:blink:

Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, It's not.

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers simple.

I like nonsense , it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

You know your in love when you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.

You're in pretty good shape for the shape your in.

Adults are obsolete children and the h.e.l.l.  with them.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

-Dr. Seuss

Edited by Midwest
One of the great philosophers in my book.

1 hour ago, Midwest said:

Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

If you travel far enough, you WILL find an exact duplicate of YOU

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, It's not.

Existentialism anyone???

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers simple.

E=M C2

I like nonsense , it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

Fap Fap Fap...

You know your in love when you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

René Descartes would have a field day with this one...

If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.

But it is probably against the CoC...

You're in pretty good shape for the shape your in.

Well Thank You, I think Non-Euclidean is *** too...

Adults are obsolete children and the h.e.l.l.  with them.

That is why I never grew up, I am not obsolete...

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

I am not crying because it is over, I am crying because it was a three hour line for a 20 second ride... Bow-chicka-bow-wow..

-Dr. Seuss

The one man that took more Acid than Ozzy Osbourne...

8 minutes ago, Dudeist Priest said:

The one man that took more Acid than Ozzy Osbourne...

That would explain the green eggs and ham.  Lol...  I seriously still love reading his books to the little nieces.  ...  and I'm pretty sure I have read them all at least a thousand times. 

11 minutes ago, Dudeist Priest said:

But it is probably against the CoC...

Hahaha  don't get me started.. Ill get mod edited again.  

"Those who taught you were wrong.  I have never set down a "right" or "wrong", a "do" or a "don't".  To do so would be to strip you completely of your greatest gift- the opportunity to do as you please, and experience the results of that; the chance to create yourself anew in the image and likeness of Who You Really Are; the space to produce a reality of a higher and higher You, based on your grandest idea of what it is of which you are capable.  [...]  There are those who say that I have given you free will, yet these same people claim that if you do not obey Me, I will send you to HeII.  What kind of free will is that?  Does this not make a mockery of God-to say nothing of any sort of true relationship between us?
-God (through Neale Donald Walsch), Conversations with God (1995)

"A true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love."
-Ernesto Che Guevara, Reminiscences of the Cuban Revolutionary War (1963)

"We hate some persons because we do not know them, and will not know them because we hate them."
-Charles Caleb Colton, Lacon: Or, Many Things in Few Words: Addressed to Those Who Think (1820)

"The requirements of nature, not backed by suitable purchasing power, cannot be registered or fulfilled by the market economy."
-Vandana Shiva, Earth Democracy: Justice, Sustainability, and Peace (2005)

"I am convinced that all of humanity is born with more gifts than we know.  Most are born geniuses and just get de-geniused rapidly."
-Buckminster Fuller, People Magazine (1974)

"If some great catastrophe is not announced every morning, we feel a certain void.  Nothing in the paper today, we sigh."
-Lord Acton

"Only after the last tree has been cut down.  Only after the last river has been poisoned.  Only after the last fish has been caught.  Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten."
-Cree Prophecy

"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger, than the causes of it."
-Marcus Aurelius

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts