skh812

Quotes You Love

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change."
-Charles Darwin

"I call a man awake who knows in his conscious reason his innermost unreasonable forces, drives, and weaknesses, and knows how to deal with them."
-Hermann Hesse, Narcissus and Goldmund (1930)

"We cannot reason ourselves out of our basic irrationality.  All we can do is learn the art of being irrational in a reasonable way."
-Aldous Huxley, Island (1962)

"Ignorance is not knowing anything, and being attracted to the good.  Innocence is knowing everything, and still being attracted to the good."
-Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, Women Who Run With the Wolves (1992)

"When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty.  I think only how to solve the problem.  But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
-Buckminster Fuller, Letter to a 10-year old named Michael (1970)

"One of the great attractions of patriotism- it fulfills our worst wishes.  In the person of our nation we are able, vicariously, to bully and cheat.  Bully and cheat, what's more, with a feeling that we are profoundly virtuous."
-Aldous Huxley, Eyeless in Gaza (1936)

"Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all."
-Adam Smith ("Father of Modern Economics"), Wealth of Nations (1776)

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility is being superior to your former self"

"The best way to find out if you can trust someone is to trust them"

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"

"The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed"

-Ernest Hemingway-

Edited by Chuggles22

"I used to jog, but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."--David Lee Roth

"When you are courting a nice girl, an hour seems like a second.  When you sit on a hot cinder for a second, it seems like an hour.  That's relativity."--Albert Einstein.

Александр Великий - Превосходный тактик, он был тот, кто никогда не был побежден в его жизни.

8 minutes ago, AnotherRiddle said:

Александр Великий - Превосходный тактик, он был тот, кто никогда не был побежден в его жизни.

И Марк Аврелий Clarkus (войск в прозвище для него), Джордж Паттон и Уильям Хэлси.

Why are we having this discussion in Russian?

15 minutes ago, NormericanEagle said:

И Марк Аврелий Clarkus (войск в прозвище для него), Джордж Паттон и Уильям Хэлси.

Hide contents

Why are we having this discussion in Russian?

HA! Good point!!!!

1 hour ago, NormericanEagle said:

На мой взгляд в пятой армии был непобедим. Это был армии союзников во второй мировой войне

я не знаю. это сказал И.В.Сталин

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts