dariakus

Code of Conduct

We encourage all forum posters to read the following Code of Conduct:

http://forums.ageofempires.com/topic/7876-age-of-empires-forum-code-of-conduct-and-terms-of-service/

If you have specific concerns with the behavior of a user in game, please report those issues directly to @Empress_Phasma via private message.

If you have an issue with something in the forum please report those issues to the following VCM's or Moderators - @Andy P, @InflamedNut2, @Chuggles22, @AnotherRiddle or @Wicked Wulf & If you need further help you can contact @Empress_Phasma or @Plus2Joe.

Do not start threads discussing cheats, bad behavior, or other accusations in public on the forums.

Thanks!

Edited by Wicked Wulf

Hello Siegers,

If a player is found breaking the Xbox Live Code of Conduct 
it may result in a ban. This includes exploiting game vulnerabilities. If a player is found exploiting revenge vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players they risk a ban.

If you are unsure if a given use is permitted, please feel free to contact a moderator

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/codeofconduct

Edited by Empress_Phasma

7 hours ago, AL997 said:

Some generic examples, hopefully you can answer yes or no on...

1. Am I allowed to attack my alt if I ever find it in match making?
  2. Am I allowed to deliberately lose if I find my alt?
  3. Am I allowed to try to test my alts defences by going all in?
  4. Am I allowed to revenge the attack from the alt?
  5. Is more than one loop of revenges acceptable?
  6. Is it acceptable to inform a friend (whom you have recently attacked) that you are going to stay offline at the end of a PT so they have the opportunity to revenge you?
  7. Is it acceptable to revenge loop with a friend if you are both trying max attack on each other? 
  8. Does acceptability of revenge looping with a friend depend on whether the friend is in the same alliance as you (keeps crown loss internal to alliance)?

All of these are situational. It is not black and white. 

1. Yes, but if it can be perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban

2. Yes, but if it can be perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban

3. Yes, but if it can be perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban

4. Yes, but if it can be perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban

5. Does this gain an advantage over other players? See above rules.

6. Yes, but if it can be perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban

7. This seems like it is done to gain an advantage over other players and makes it difficult for other player to attack you. See above rule. 

8. No, if you are changing the function of the game to gain an advantage other players do not have. In this case, if crowns are not available to those you match because you are only battling those in your alliance, this would break the rule (see above). This can perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players. 

Long story short, don't to things that might be perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players

Edited by Empress_Phasma

3 minutes ago, Empress_Phasma said:

All of these are situational. It is not black and white. 

1. Yes, but if you continue to do so to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban 

2.  Yes, but if you continue to do so to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban 

3. Yes, but if you continue to do so to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban 

4. Yes, but if you continue to do so to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban 

5. Does this gain an advantage over other players? See above rules.

6. Yes, but if you continue to do so to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban

7. This seems like it is done to gain an advantage over other players and makes it difficult for other player to attack you. See above rule. 

8. No, if you are changing the function of the game to gain an advantage other players do not have. In this case, if crowns are not available to those you match because you are only battling those in your alliance, this would break the rule (see above)

so in other words its a BIG YES & NO. LOL

36 minutes ago, AL997 said:

"gain an advantage over other players" is what the entire game is about no?!

i am still none the wiser...

You are supposed to gain an advantage over other players on your own, not by exploiting the system.

If you are inflating your crowns or padding your resources or giving a cheap peace treaty by doing any of those things, I would interpret them as a violation.  Otherwise, if you're just "sparring", I can't imagine it's a problem. 

3 hours ago, Lesser Weevil said:

You are supposed to gain an advantage over other players on your own, not by exploiting the system.

If you are inflating your crowns or padding your resources or giving a cheap peace treaty by doing any of those things, I would interpret them as a violation.  Otherwise, if you're just "sparring", I can't imagine it's a problem. 

I have only one question based on your comments of misusing the system , when does it become the systems failings.. fault ?. ( obviously not discussing alts ) .. but being able to maintain an unfair advantage . crown wise , similar to cavcat... I considered that a system failure .... if every level has a failure point .. ? then it cant always be blamed on players .. ( opinion ). or misuse MS have to take the rough with the smooth surely ( that concerns alts ) .. when does it become a developers job to do something right , besides just swapping around a few numbers that lead to the same issues .. ?

2 hours ago, Desoltefiber35 said:

I have only one question based on your comments of misusing the system , when does it become the systems failings.. fault ?. ( obviously not discussing alts ) .. but being able to maintain an unfair advantage . crown wise , similar to cavcat... I considered that a system failure .... if every level has a failure point .. ? then it cant always be blamed on players .. ( opinion ). or misuse MS have to take the rough with the smooth surely ( that concerns alts ) .. when does it become a developers job to do something right , besides just swapping around a few numbers that lead to the same issues .. ?

I get what you're saying.  But my point is that every system has flaws in it, and the Code of Conduct serves to provide a framework for deciding if exploiting those flaws is an offense or not.  Similar to the legal system.  Statutory law cannot contemplate every possible variation of misconduct, that is why case law is developed over time to help us understand if those gray areas are offenses or not.  Once case law is established, then the rule-makers can decide whether the issue is significant enough to codify it into law.  That is basically the process we are going through now: an exploitation of the revenge system has been discovered, now we are using the Code of Conduct to determine if it falls into the category of an offense or not.  If it does, then the game designers must decide whether to change the game to prevent the exploit.   The question isn't whether or not people will exploit flaws...  in a game like this, people always will.  The question is, once the exploitation has been discovered, what is the proper response.  The Code of Conduct tells us that what they are doing is trying to gain an unfair advantage over other players and should be punished if it continues.

13 minutes ago, Lesser Weevil said:

I get what you're saying.  But my point is that every system has flaws in it, and the Code of Conduct serves to provide a framework for deciding if exploiting those flaws is an offense or not.  Similar to the legal system.  Statutory law cannot contemplate every possible variation of misconduct, that is why case law is developed over time to help us understand if those gray areas are offenses or not.  Once case law is established, then the rule-makers can decide whether the issue is significant enough to codify it into law.  That is basically the process we are going through now: an exploitation of the revenge system has been discovered, now we are using the Code of Conduct to determine if it falls into the category of an offense or not.  If it does, then the game designers must decide whether to change the game to prevent the exploit.   The question isn't whether or not people will exploit flaws...  in a game like this, people always will.  The question is, once the exploitation has been discovered, what is the proper response.  The Code of Conduct tells us that what they are doing is trying to gain an unfair advantage over other players and should be punished if it continues.

The only comment I will add to that ^ is you say Flaws .. I say by Design ...  ?  99/100 = bridging ? if it cant be fixed :/ a sticky one it will be

What are we talking about here? Can anyone lay this out for me? If people are going to be banned, the rules need to be clearly defined and I have no clue what any of this is. I'm really a fairly smart person, but there is too much ambiguity here.

On 6/9/2016 at 2:00 PM, Lesser Weevil said:

I'm so sorry, but what is "padding"resources, or inflating crowns? A cheap peace treaty? I am Age 8 with 2600 crowns and have seen a thing or two, and have no clue what this is. Please tell me so I can inform the other simpletons...;)

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts