dariakus

Code of Conduct

Recommended Posts

If you are doing something which you think "may be" taking advantage, then either don't do it, do it and risk a reset, or send a private message to one of the devs explaining and questioning the action...

It's kinda hard to give a specific answer to unknown situations... It's an exploit if it was not as originally designed into the game... however, there are many more playing and finding exploits than there are devs that can figure a way to stop them...

If you think you have discovered an exploit, private message the devs and explain it to them... It will help out all the players in the game... maybe a flag in your future...[lol][lol][lol]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

,Question if I may , I believe 3, numbers play a big part in this game .. something Devs are still trying to figure out if what ive read is correct ( old 7ish yrs ) .. how do you tell some one who knows what he is doing, that, what he is possibly this that or the other , and will involve those numbers , if a dev would like a clearer explanation of what I mean , how does that go ? ....(its my theory ). taken seriously ?  I believe devs should read forums where specific information may be of help to them without having to wait for some smarty pants going I did that .....  maybe that's just me ?

Edited by Desoltefiber35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SLASH said:

What are we talking about here? Can anyone lay this out for me? If people are going to be banned, the rules need to be clearly defined and I have no clue what any of this is. I'm really a fairly smart person, but there is too much ambiguity here.

 

I'm so sorry, but what is "padding"resources, or inflating crowns? A cheap peace treaty? I am Age 8 with 2600 crowns and have seen a thing or two, and have no clue what this is. Please tell me so I can inform the other simpletons...;)

 

No problem -- I was speaking generally about a revenge exploit scenario where you have, say, an alternate account or a friend.  You get into a revenge cycle between the accounts, and allow one of the accounts to take all the resources or crowns of the other account.   That's a more egregious example.  Another might be that one account only takes down the keep of the other account, but not any resources, thereby giving the defending account a long peace treaty with minimal loss of resources and not allowing that account to enter the matchmaking pool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Desoltefiber35 said:

,Question if I may , I believe 3, numbers play a big part in this game .. something Devs are still trying to figure out if what ive read is correct ( old 7ish yrs ) .. how do you tell some one who knows what he is doing, that, what he is possibly this that or the other , and will involve those numbers , if a dev would like a clearer explanation of what I mean , how does that go ? ....(its my theory ). taken seriously ?  I believe devs should read forums where specific information may be of help to them without having to wait for some smarty pants going I did that .....  maybe that's just me ?

The Devs do view the forum and read what is posted... many of the improvements of this game have come from comments/complaints that were posted here...

This is the main reason that posts (even negative) need to be posted in a constructive manner...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its why I try and keep my questions / replies , ambiguous , , but that appears to draw a lot of ??  well your the mod , id think you`d understand , ( nothing personal intended ) ....I don't like explaining ...

but discussion can be good , if interpreted correctly ,by the right people, its not all attack attack attack , ( not for me anyway )  and google is how we learn , right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Desoltefiber35 said:

Its why I try and keep my questions / replies , ambiguous , , but that appears to draw a lot of ??  well your the mod , id think you`d understand , ( nothing personal intended ) ....I don't like explaining ...

but discussion can be good , if interpreted correctly ,by the right people, its not all attack attack attack , ( not for me anyway )  and google is how we learn , right ?

But ambiguous questions/replies lead to more ambiguous questions/replies, which in the end have accomplished nothing/everything... and I learn from Life, everyday...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, InflamedNut2 said:

But ambiguous questions/replies lead to more ambiguous questions/replies, which in the end have accomplished nothing/everything... and I learn from Life, everyday...

But still better than explaining ?  I don't want be accused of typing  " how to " I find that reasonable exception , but your the bosses,  50 years on , I still do both ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Learning from everything around us is being human. Of late, in search for decisively defining what a human really means, I've found that curiosity is one of the defining characteristics of life itself and so if we humans (including developers and players) are living, we're all bound to find curious things and do even more curious things with/about them.

I'm sorry if this reply doesn't add much value to the thread, I'm only curious to learn whether it could mean more than what meets the eye - for the many! [smile]

Edited by NarayananR4All

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 1:20 PM, Empress_Phasma said:

All of these are situational. It is not black and white. 

1. Yes, but if it can be perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban

2. Yes, but if it can be perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban

3. Yes, but if it can be perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban

4. Yes, but if it can be perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban

5. Does this gain an advantage over other players? See above rules.

6. Yes, but if it can be perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players you risk a ban

7. This seems like it is done to gain an advantage over other players and makes it difficult for other player to attack you. See above rule. 

8. No, if you are changing the function of the game to gain an advantage other players do not have. In this case, if crowns are not available to those you match because you are only battling those in your alliance, this would break the rule (see above). This can perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players. 

Long story short, don't to things that might be perceived as exploiting vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players

 

clearly[mad]  att yourself  is and advantage over other player for 3 reasons    #1 save resources #2 defense win for 5h pt why your heroes recover #3 crowns loss and gain  obviously a clear    advantage over other    and  is not bound by 8h bracket  look I have to ran to the store let me att myself I now have a 5h pt with minimal loss unfair advantage    time for work ill give myself a 5h pt and come back in 5h and do it again     so  I ask you advantage or not      ps I love to att myself I can go do real life  things without losing all my crowns when I had them   [lol] 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SpaceGhost said:

I don't get this.

 

Neither do I.  Is there any chance whatsoever, without Empress "naming and shaming" in breach of CoC, that we could understand what the problem is/was that the door has now been shut on?

Or is discussing the problem actually itself a breach of CoC, cos it's looking at an exploit?

It is not sufficient to indicate that those who know know what has been done.

We've done Catch 22; what number catch is this?

AND   if whatever it was was that serious   there could easily have been an unannounced assassination behind the bikesheds, resulting in another zombie for us all to raid.   No thread; no post; no curiousity.   Exploit buried.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dave0564 said:

 

Neither do I.  Is there any chance whatsoever, without Empress "naming and shaming" in breach of CoC, that we could understand what the problem is/was that the door has now been shut on?

Or is discussing the problem actually itself a breach of CoC, cos it's looking at an exploit?

It is not sufficient to indicate that those who know know what has been done.

We've done Catch 22; what number catch is this?

AND   if whatever it was was that serious   there could easily have been an unannounced assassination behind the bikesheds, resulting in another zombie for us all to raid.   No thread; no post; no curiousity.   Exploit buried.

 

well I don't think it matters. As long as we're playing normally and conventionally we won't get in trouble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Spirit of the Game. A spirit of sportsmanship that places the responsibility for fair play on the player. Highly competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of mutual respect among competitors, adherence to the agreed upon rules, or the basic joy of play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend following this simple Rule of Thumb:

If the action you are considering has you wondering "could this be against the exploit rules?", then it very likely is against the rules, and you'd better not do it or risk a ban "

The charm of this simple rule is that you don't need to rely on SGI/MS for this. Just follow your own instinct.

Edited by SpelerWeetIkHoeveel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      24236
    • Total Posts
      244599