dariakus

Code of Conduct

10 hours ago, SpelerWeetIkHoeveel said:

I recommend following this simple Rule of Thumb:

If the action you are considering has you wondering "could this be against the exploit rules?", then it very likely is against the rules, and you'd better not do it or risk a ban "

The charm of this simple rule is that you don't need to rely on SGI/MS for this. Just follow your own instinct.

We all have a conscience within us (whether some want to admit it or not) and it tells us when we at least may be doing something wrong. If you feel like you need to look over your shoulder to see if anyone is watching, then you know, it is wrong. I don't think anyone here needs to try to plead insanity because they should already know if they are doing something that gives them an unfair advantage. IF you have an alt account and you find it while "nexting" and you want to attack it just to see how well you might do then there shouldn't be any problem in doing so. BUT, IF you then decide to "revenge" attack yourself back only to purposely lose to yourself thereby "gifting" crowns and resources from one account to another then THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE. AND IF you continue that cycle of revenging and "gifting" then THAT should be grounds for expulsion from the game. The real question here SHOULD be "Exactly what is going to be done to these players that want to keep pushing the limits to see what they can get away with.". Just giving them a 7 day ban is not any real punishment. They should AT LEAST have some of their alt accounts taken away from them to lessen the chances of finding them while "nexting" and then at least one of those alt accounts should be restarted from the beginning so that it CAN'T happen again. STOP slapping players on the wrist and putting flags in the game "honoring" their accomplishment when it is cheating and start actually punishing them. 24 alt accounts, exactly how many is too many???????

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 4:41 AM, AL997 said:

Some generic examples, hopefully you can answer yes or no on...

1. Am I allowed to attack my alt if I ever find it in match making?
  2. Am I allowed to deliberately lose if I find my alt?
  3. Am I allowed to try to test my alts defences by going all in?
  4. Am I allowed to revenge the attack from the alt?
  5. Is more than one loop of revenges acceptable?
  6. Is it acceptable to inform a friend (whom you have recently attacked) that you are going to stay offline at the end of a PT so they have the opportunity to revenge you?
  7. Is it acceptable to revenge loop with a friend if you are both trying max attack on each other? 
  8. Does acceptability of revenge looping with a friend depend on whether the friend is in the same alliance as you (keeps crown loss internal to alliance)?

I'm not too smart so I can say her response more dumbly...

Its like a stolen car. *** yeah you can!!! Drive that bad boy till you get caught. Then cry cuz your whole life is ruined. Just hope your not on that show, Bait Car. HA!

Edited by Rattixx
Bait Car

Hi All

I am new to this game and i would like to say thank you to the whole community for a very kind welcome to the game.

This is where i throw away all the good nature towards me and hope for the best lol.

I have spent the last few days reading forum posts and as i do not like splinters i cannot sit on the fence.

I cannot accept multi accounts, those that have more than 1 account are not doing themselves or this or any other game any favours, it has become an accepted part of online games by both Devs and Players.

I can understand it to a degree from the Devs view point, but it will always be a cork *** ( thing to remove corks from wine bottles )in terms of longevity and revenue, early payday and then a drip feed based on registered numbers playing, hence why the lack of urgency on " ALTs/Multi" etc.

But as players of this and any game we are also responsible for the way it is managed and developed, yes we can have multi accounts, i have played other games that have been kept alive by multi accounts, but only because those at the top are scared of losing what they have, they refuse to attack their friends in other alliances ( ie themselves) and they generate more accounts to play the game as they miss the actual "Playing Bit".

So who is to blame ?

Devs have the ideas and put them into place, without them we would not be playing this game, but if they put all controls in place would we play it, do we want to win or just enjoy and have fun.

Nurse is saying time for my medication, so catch up with you all later 

Edited by xantasia
typing error

I know games in which multi account players have vast, vast advantages over single account players. Free to play games, of course. And yes I can attest to this way of game design lining the coffers of the devs/publishers that much more.

So the matter you raise is important in itself. Because we, the playerbase, need to be aware that this is a business model that is used elsewhere. And it's one that I personally don't like at all as well. Because it unlevels the playingfield in favor of those that either have the hardware to setup multibox setups and/or have the time to work a large number of accounts.

Let me explain the latter. If you play 10 alt accounts, you should 'recieve' 10x1 earnings. That's proportional. Some games (not this one!) are designed in ways that if you play 10 alt accounts you 'recieve' 10x1x5 earnings. Disproportional increase for multi account playing. Eeew, and unfair, if you ask me.

So here comes the big sigh of relief: the scope of alt account advantages is very limited, if not almost absent from AoE:CS. This playerbase is fortunate to be served by developers who have not incorporated this into their game. Thanks devs! [thumbup]

12 hours ago, xantasia said:

I cannot accept multi accounts, those that have more than 1 account are not doing themselves or this or any other game any favours

Sorry but having multiple accounts gives almost no advantage in this game to players.  Those that have managed to find their alt in match making are very very very rare, and those that do it's very very very hard to do revenge loops given you get dumped into mm pool before you can revenge.  So to me this 'exploit' is totally insignificant to the game as a whole.

• Having 2 accounts in the same alliance is 'useful' as you can check chat with one account without wasting bucket time in a PT on the other account. 
  • Having alt accounts in other alliances lets you transition players between alliances smoothly when you have a family of alliances. 
  • Having alt accounts let you visit other alliances and be social in more than one alliance.
  • Having more than one alt lets you experience the beginning of the game again.
  • Having more than one alt lets you actually keep playing and do something during all the waiting you have to endure in this game.

etc etc etc.

None of those though give you an unfair advantage against other players in the game.

So your concerns are unfounded.

Edited by AL997

@SpelerWeetIkHoeveel  Sir I would agree whole heartedly with your comments apart from one thing , while not being an advantage to the player , they are in deed a great advantage to the game , which for me makes the game a little false , not only in its economy , but its economy based crown system ... or it offers a positive, which at some point will to turn into a double/or more negative . most companies keep alts against the TOS but , accept them as player based advantages , or shared internet connections ...

5 hours ago, AL997 said:

Sorry but having multiple accounts gives almost no advantage in this game to players.  Those that have managed to find their alt in match making are very very very rare, and those that do it's very very very hard to do revenge loops given you get dumped into mm pool before you can revenge.  So to me this 'exploit' is totally insignificant to the game as a whole.

• Having 2 accounts in the same alliance is 'useful' as you can check chat with one account without wasting bucket time in a PT on the other account. 
  • Having alt accounts in other alliances lets you transition players between alliances smoothly when you have a family of alliances. 
  • Having alt accounts let you visit other alliances and be social in more than one alliance.
  • Having more than one alt lets you experience the beginning of the game again.
  • Having more than one alt lets you actually keep playing and do something during all the waiting you have to endure in this game.

etc etc etc.

None of those though give you an unfair advantage against other players in the game.

So your concerns are unfounded.

I have no desire to upset or annoy anyone, i just want to play the game and enjoy it, but i feel we are going to be sat either side of the fence on this issue.

The real issue i have on Alts is your last point.

The game is what it is in terms of waiting, yes it allows you to shorten it, but if the game mechanics are broken at a much higher level then that is what needs looking at.

What happens when you get the Alts to the same level, start another one so you can play or ask the question as to why you cannot play your main account.

I have yet to delve into the Alliance mechanics of this game, i am still finding my feet so this is just a guess. 

Can Alliances be at war with each other, if so being in more than one is an an advantage. 

Family of Alliances i guess means those that will not Attack each other.

End result you get to a situation where the game is restricted for others by those at the top that will refuse to attack even though they could because they will be hitting friends or their Alts and they are to hard to break for people below them.

If the game is that addictive then why not delete your account when you get so far so you start again or just have Devs publish a complete list of all Alts along with the main account that they are linked to, then everyone knows who is who if it really does not give an advantage.

@xantasia Sir if I may offer an explanation to your question , in the beginning it was deemed that sister alliances were not to be attacked ( in theory ) this lead to alliances having to identify themselves as such , with little designs such as PM2 PM3 ect , unfortunately or fortunately , those players then became the object or reason for being attacked , easily identifiable to what could be called enemy alliances or players , so most dropped the identity mark , which lead to those attacks , which in turn leads to players from sister alliances being attacked by sister alliance players , it became a case of a two sided coin if you like , risk attack by those with most to gain ( an enemy ally ) or attacked by those who are allies , .... hence alliance wars as it was , was lost ....

On ‎09‎.‎06‎.‎2016 at 2:39 AM, Empress_Phasma said:

Hello Siegers,

If a player is found breaking the Xbox Live Code of Conduct 
it may result in a ban. This includes exploiting game vulnerabilities. If a player is found exploiting revenge vulnerabilities to gain an advantage over other players they risk a ban.

I really don't understand. How likely is the chance to find anther my self in your sistem? And how many accounts do you think it's human possible to manage to have this chance to meet another me? This is a nonsense!

And another question: an unknown player with more than double crowns than me continue the revenge against me. It's wrong for me to me to continue? It's a real case. For a star i gain 36 crowns, and that player gain only 24 for two, usually only 12 for one. Nothing personal because i don't know who is he/she. it's just convenient for me to respond. Is this a break of conduit code? Usually i stop a revenge thread when I'm in disadvantage but i think he/she is too proud to stop this revenge thread.

And again to my misunderstanding from first part. To maintain active more than one account take time, but hypothetically speaking let's say that somebody have created 1000 alt accounts for "farming". How likely is the chance for his main account to meet one clone from 1000? The chance for two? For more? I think it impossible, but let's say he found two and start farming. One main  account and two clones continually maintained. How big is his advantage? Certainly he can't take all, he must share with other attackers the production of his clones.

For me it's not worth the effort in this hypothetical case.

Edited by sarmalele reci

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts