dariakus

Code of Conduct

Alt accounts are fine. Attack looping between alts is not. I think there are some people in this thread wildly overestimating how frequently and to what extent attack looping is happening. 

I can think of only that one guy from a few weeks ago. (Without naming and shaming, anyone know if that was put to an end? I forgot about it and never followed up.).

18 hours ago, xantasia said:

I have no desire to upset or annoy anyone, i just want to play the game and enjoy it, but i feel we are going to be sat either side of the fence on this issue.

My point to you is that there is no fence, as there is no issue here. You are imagining something that isn't real.

15 hours ago, Andy P said:

I can think of only that one guy from a few weeks ago. (Without naming and shaming, anyone know if that was put to an end? I forgot about it and never followed up.).

from their attack/defence log they were given a very short ban and slap on wrist, and sent to bed with no supper, with the threat of "wait til your father gets home" ringing in their ears.

but did it stop them.....nope carried on  a couple more times before finally  stopping.

Hmmm.  When I first joined I played alone for about a months  I learned the advantage of joining an alliance.  My alliance taught me a lot about the game and game play slows down as you advance.  About a month later I found out someone else in the alliance had a second account.  I wanted to see what I had learned so I started a second account.  Starting a new account under Win 10 is just a matter of creating a new user account.  I didn't learn all that much but with intense play on both accounts my second passed my first (that has since reversed).  This spring I started my third account and I had learned a lot.  I was able to be the top in the league with only 2 days intense play.  But it burned me out.  I'm less intense now. 

Free games like this have a revenue model that depends upon people buying stuff.  What is a reasonable level?  I've bought stuff with my original account not so much to gain offense or defense but to do my part to fund the game.  I don't know how much is reasonable.  I've been playing since September 2015 and put in about $20. 

One of the things I learned from my third account is that many players don't make it past a couple of days.  They create an account and play the beginning moves then never come back when they see it takes time to improve one's empire.  I was able to move through the first three leagues quickly by looking for inactive accounts and getting my 2 crows (originally) every 15 minutes(or so) until I got a champion.  As I said earlier this burned me out on playing what for me is intense play.

A bit over a month ago I got tired of the bickering in my alliance.  Since you don't get to see the chat room in the various alliances you can't just look around to find a good fit.  I decided to form my own alliance.  Having one's own alliance has advantages and disadvantages.  One of the major advantages for me is I don't have to feel like I need to donate to wonders to the disadvantage of my individual accounts' game play.  As far as I can tell several of those complaining weren't giving as much as I and they were advancing quicker than I.  One of the major disadvantages is I have to build the wonders again on my own.  I've learn more about the game as emperor.

There are lots of youtube videos out their on Castle Siege but many of them for beginners are wrong and give bad advice.  Even though I'm not the best player I feel I could contribute something and have been thinking about starting a 4th account so I can help people decide if this is the right game for them and if they think it is then provide some basic tips without destroying the excitement of discovering new attack patterns and empire design.  I've been eyeing video editing tools and learning something new while giving back might be fun.

OK, I've have about 40 days into my new alliance and am less than 1/4 of the way into my first wonder.  A 4th account would speed that up so there is some advantage to me as  a player in adding that 4th account to my alliance.  I'd really like to get that Basilica done. 

I never thought of additional accounts as cheating or violating the code of conduct.  Any advice would be helpful.

I have problem with this line.

Don't create new accounts (alt accounts) to avoid the consequences of a ban, aka 'ban dodging'

I´ve bean band becouse I was here with my alt, not for I´ve bean band.

This is not a trouble for me, I just want to know.

In reply Riches to Ruin.   Can we please leave politics out of this game?  I hear enough of that on the news.  I do appreciate your loyalty but I  get so depressed when I think about the politics of our Country..

What is attack looping?

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

In reply Riches to Ruin

I'm a member of Riches to Ruins....  Its an Alliance not a person. I am member and the alliance has  has nothing to do with politics. I just enjoy the people there..

What you are referring to is a message in a signature underneath a persons comment... You can turn these off .. if you don't want to view them. Go into profile.  click account settings, under overview click on signature and slide the bar over so it doesn't show signatures...

Many people do this because it cleans up the viewing of the forum.  Hope this helps. 

11 minutes ago, Midwest said:

I'm a meWhat you are referring to is a message in a signature underneath a persons comment... You can turn these off .. if you don't want to view them. Go into profile.  click account settings, under overview click on signature and slide the bar over so it doesn't show signatures...

Is there some way to turn on the ability to have different colors/fonts in the signatures.  I've been looking, but I'm baffled as my Replies and sigrnatures only have Bold, Italics, Underline, Link, Quote, Emoticons, 2 list options, and preview. 

22 minutes ago, POORFELLER said:

Есть ли какой-нибудь способ, чтобы включить возможность иметь разные цвета / шрифты в подписи. Я искал, но я сбит с толку, как мои ответы и sigrnatures только жирный шрифт, курсив, подчеркивание, Link, Цитата, смайлики, 2 опции списка, и предварительный просмотр. 

Hi)! No, after "list of options" - the letter "A" (the color of the text), and choice of font sizes?

Edited by DeNiSs

If you have a message in your inbox or a post from a topic with a different font that you would like to use then all you have to do is copy a portion of that and paste it into a new message or topic to use. I went to one of my messages and just copied the "I" to start this one. You will have to hit the backspace one time to move the cursor back to get that font started and you can start typing something and then move the cursor back to before what you just typed and hit the backspace to erase what you started with if it is not what you wanted. I hope this helps!! [smile]

16 minutes ago, The Recruiter said:

If you have a message in your inbox or a post from a topic with a different font that you would like to use then all you have to do is copy a portion of that and paste it into a new message or topic to use. I went to one of my messages and just copied the "I" to start this one. You will have to hit the backspace one time to move the cursor back to get that font started and you can start typing something and then move the cursor back to before what you just typed and hit the backspace to erase what you started with if it is not what you wanted. I hope this helps!! [smile]

Thanks

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts