Empress_Phasma

Alliance of the Day- Phantom Time

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Andy P said:

What do you mean by looking for the heart?

Joanna aliiance description changed to <3

heart in capitals in his text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She is using love ( context ? ) ... all three clues today refer to Canterbury tales ? , the use of love , the loss of love , to gain/lose money or property ? the wifes tale ..... she could of course just be showing appreciation for the work were doing .. in keeping this going

Another late edit would also be 50 keeps back in her alliance ?

I'm back in that q

Edited by Desoltefiber35
added a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Desoltefiber35 said:

She is using love ( context ? ) ... all three clues today refer to Canterbury tales ? , the use of love , the loss of love , to gain/lose money or property ? the wifes tale ..... she could of course just be showing appreciation for the work were doing .. in keeping this going

Another late edit would also be 50 keeps back in her alliance ?

my alliance mate has been trying to get in this whole time with no luck, but yes....I think we'll all end up there again eventually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GhengisKhan1981 said:

my alliance mate has been trying to get in this whole time with no luck, but yes....I think we'll all end up there again eventually

I'm going to assume , it will be dinner time again over there  ( never mind there lunch ) .... or there personal time ) ... or possibly Monday before she will open up again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The story I read in he above comments about the wife of bath is not the story but the prologue the actual story is as follows.

A lusty young knight in King Arthur's court rapes a beautiful young maiden. The people are repulsed by the knight's behavior and demand justice. Although the law demands that the knight be beheaded, the queen and ladies of the court beg to be allowed to determine the knight's fate. The queen then gives the knight a year to discover what women most desire.
The year passes quickly. As the knight rides dejectedly back to the court knowing that he will lose his life, he suddenly sees 24 young maidens dancing and singing. As he approaches them, the maidens disappear, and the only living creature is a foul old woman, who approaches him and asks what he seeks. The knight explains his quest, and the old woman promises him the right answer if he will do what she demands for saving his life. The knight agrees. When the queen bids the knight to speak, he responds correctly that women most desire sovereignty over their husbands.
Having supplied him with the right answer, the old crone demands that she be his wife and his love. The knight, in agony, agrees. On their wedding night, the knight pays no attention to the foul woman next to him. When she questions him, he confesses that her age, ugliness, and low breeding are repulsive to him. The old hag reminds him that true gentility is not a matter of appearances but of virtue. She tells him that her looks can be viewed as an asset. If she were beautiful, many men would be after her; in her present state, however, he can be assured that he has a virtuous wife. She offers him a choice: an old ugly hag such as she, but still a loyal, true, and virtuous wife, or a beautiful woman with whom he must take his chances. The knight says the choice is hers. And because she has "won the mastery," she tells him, "'Kiss me . . . and you shall find me both . . . fair and faithful as a wife." Indeed, she had become a lovely young woman, and they lived happily ever after.

and the prologue's moral is that a relationship is only good and happy when the wife has control.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KeNyAR1410 said:

The story I read in he above comments about the wife of bath is not the story but the prologue the actual story is as follows.

A lusty young knight in King Arthur's court rapes a beautiful young maiden. The people are repulsed by the knight's behavior and demand justice. Although the law demands that the knight be beheaded, the queen and ladies of the court beg to be allowed to determine the knight's fate. The queen then gives the knight a year to discover what women most desire.
The year passes quickly. As the knight rides dejectedly back to the court knowing that he will lose his life, he suddenly sees 24 young maidens dancing and singing. As he approaches them, the maidens disappear, and the only living creature is a foul old woman, who approaches him and asks what he seeks. The knight explains his quest, and the old woman promises him the right answer if he will do what she demands for saving his life. The knight agrees. When the queen bids the knight to speak, he responds correctly that women most desire sovereignty over their husbands.
Having supplied him with the right answer, the old crone demands that she be his wife and his love. The knight, in agony, agrees. On their wedding night, the knight pays no attention to the foul woman next to him. When she questions him, he confesses that her age, ugliness, and low breeding are repulsive to him. The old hag reminds him that true gentility is not a matter of appearances but of virtue. She tells him that her looks can be viewed as an asset. If she were beautiful, many men would be after her; in her present state, however, he can be assured that he has a virtuous wife. She offers him a choice: an old ugly hag such as she, but still a loyal, true, and virtuous wife, or a beautiful woman with whom he must take his chances. The knight says the choice is hers. And because she has "won the mastery," she tells him, "'Kiss me . . . and you shall find me both . . . fair and faithful as a wife." Indeed, she had become a lovely young woman, and they lived happily ever after.

and the prologue's moral is that a relationship is only good and happy when the wife has control.

 

The quotes both belong to the wifes tail,  good sir , if you read further into the threads you will see the answers all posted , as well as part of the one above without the beginning because I felt the word was not appropriate for the forum .... careful your not reported for it sir  I will post the link again

https://srcanterburytales.wikispaces.com/The+Wife+of+Bath  read from # 13 if you care too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys.......................this one is worth a shot

But EVERYONE go to SGI twitter and LIKE the post....all of the ones to do with this clue...and the past clues.....they reposted it again....like saying hey no one liked me before...I am still here

they want hearts....give them lots of hearts please

Thanks Pointed.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wulf & Dove said:

Guys.......................this one is worth a shot

But EVERYONE go to SGI twitter and LIKE the post....all of the ones to do with this clue...and the past clues.....they reposted it again....like saying hey no one liked me before...I am still here

they want hearts....give them lots of hearts please

Thanks Pointed.....

I was just thinking the exact same thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      24191
    • Total Posts
      244200