Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strawney

How do I get back to full screen size ?

Hi,

I was in middle of a AoE 3 game and all of a sudden the screen went blank.

I Exited out and restarted game , but when i restarted the game, the screen size wasnt full screen from side to side, had about an inch on either side that was blank.

I have trie re-storing default settings and changing screen resoloution etc but nothing seems to be helping.

Can anyone guide how to fix this ?

Thanks

In the game's graphics settings, set the video resolution to the native resolution of your monitor. Note that the settings go up to 1920 x 1080. Scroll the list until you find the proper resolution for your monitor.

If simply setting the resolution doesn't work, then browse to the folder containing the AOE files (if you have a Steam install it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age Of Empires 3\bin). There, right-click on Age3Launcher.exe and select Properties.  Go to the Compatibility tab and check the box next to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings." Do the same for Age3xLauncher.exe and age3y.exe. While you are there, also select "Run this program as an administrator."

If you are still getting a black border then try running the game in full-screen mode. You can find the selection under Graphics Options (un-check Windowed mode).

Hi guys , cheers for your help , but it fixed it self somehow .

The same thing happened when i was in the middle of a game it blanked out again and re opened it and it was back to full screen and has been algood since.

If it happens again ill try doing what you said above.

cheers

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts