Plus2Joe

Big Forums Changes Next Week!

Hey Everyone!

Some big changes are coming to the forums, and I'm really excited to finally share them with you!

Long story short, we're splitting the Castle Siege and Age Legacy forums into two separate platforms; the Castle Siege forums will stay on the current platform, and a new forum is being created for the Legacy side. This will happen on Tuesday, 5/23. 

UPDATE: Redirect is now complete to forums.castlesiegegame.com, but we have yet to migrate the legacy forums. Updates as appropriate; legacy forums will remain operational here until the new platform is ready! 

UPDATE 2: This is scheduled for completion on Tuesday, 5/30.

We're doing this because we've noticed through the years that the Castle Siege and Legacy communities have different needs, and the Castle Siege activity is the overwhelming majority on this site. We want to be able to serve the Legacy community just as well as the Castle Siege one, so we're building a forum where that community can reside and get better support from within.

More details:

• All current forum members will automatically have accounts in the new forum, so you can log in to the new forum with the same credentials!
  • Your post history and reputation will remain intact here, but won't be transferred over to the new forum.
  • The current Legacy forums will be locked, and new ones will be activated on the new platform.
  • Something that WILL change is the URL of this platform. These forums will become the official Castle Siege forums at forums.castlesiegegame.com, along with the game page for Castle Siege. forums.ageofempires.com will be the home for the new platform, focused on legacy titles.

Your friendly staff will still be around, so we welcome any feedback! 

48 minutes ago, Plus2Joe said:

Hey Everyone!

Some big changes are coming to the forums, and I'm really excited to finally share them with you!

Long story short, we're splitting the Castle Siege and Age Legacy forums into two separate platforms; the Castle Siege forums will stay on the current platform, and a new forum is being created for the Legacy side. This will happen on Tuesday, 5/23.

We're doing this because we've noticed through the years that the Castle Siege and Legacy communities have different needs, and the Castle Siege activity is the overwhelming majority on this site. We want to be able to serve the Legacy community just as well as the Castle Siege one, so we're building a forum where that community can reside and get better support from within.

More details:

• All current forum members will automatically have accounts in the new forum, so you can log in to the new forum with the same credentials!
  • Your post history and reputation will remain intact here, but won't be transferred over to the new forum.
  • The current Legacy forums will be locked, and new ones will be activated on the new platform.
  • Something that WILL change is the URL of this platform. These forums will become the offiical Castle Siege forums at forums.castlesiegegame.com, along with the game page for Castle Siege. forums.ageofempires.com will be the home for the new platform, focused on legacy titles.

Your friendly staff will still be around, so we welcome any feedback! 

We will be able to converse with members that are with Legacy Forum?

Just now, PleasedClown463 said:

It seems as if we are on the same path as AOEO..... cut us free from the rest and then RIP.

AoEO always had a separate forum (well from beta through after they announced it was ending).  Honestly, combining all games into one place never really worked out. At first, it was a really weird mess where two communities of people got shuffled together awkwardly and against anyone's wishes. Things were testy.

after that died down and CS launched, we've just taken the place over and nobody from other games comes around much. 

I dunno. 

If the legacy AoE games played on Windows 10 (without steam) I wouldn't have ended up here. ...and I wouldn't have stayed if I hadn't locked into a really great alliance (560+ days). That being said...how I long to play the original games   sigh.

I hope the change to the forums also brings some additional features to the alliance "chat".

2 hours ago, Joe the Elder said:

If the legacy AoE games played on Windows 10 (without steam) I wouldn't have ended up here. ...and I wouldn't have stayed if I hadn't locked into a really great alliance (560+ days). That being said...how I long to play the original games   sigh.

I hope the change to the forums also brings some additional features to the alliance "chat".

They play fine on Windows 10 (at least AoE 2 does). Just make sure that DirectPlay is eanbled and install http://userpatch.aiscripters.net/ for a better experience (widescreen, bug fixes, etc.)

5 hours ago, Jineapple said:

They play fine on Windows 10 (at least AoE 2 does). Just make sure that DirectPlay is eanbled and install http://userpatch.aiscripters.net/ for a better experience (widescreen, bug fixes, etc.)

I'm pretty sure I tried that. It worked OK until a major Win10 Upgrade. I thought that the only way to get legacy AoE to work was with steam (and I don't want steam). Has this solution worked for others (with current Win 10 and no steam)?

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts