Plus2Joe

Big Forums Changes Next Week!

1 hour ago, Chuggles22 said:

I think the whole thing is more about keeping things organized.

I don't believe I'm breaking any Mod rules here by stating that we have to move threads/hide posts in the Legacy forums quite often due to some stray Castle Sieger wandering down the wrong path.

But now that people will think they can't post here, because those sections will be locked. Maybe it'll be necessary to move all those old sections to a "Legacy Folder" or similar 

2 hours ago, Dannysbkn said:

But now that people will think they can't post here, because those sections will be locked. Maybe it'll be necessary to move all those old sections to a "Legacy Folder" or similar 

3 hours ago, mmali386 said:

Yep plus it'll let each community better take advantage of some of the new(and old) forum features that were rolled out by the forum software creators Invision Power and keeps Castle Siege from monopolizing all of the attention. All Activity page is basically constantly being drowned out by Castle Siege posts so in separate forums, legacy games will get better help and make all those games easier to monitor over.

My one complaint is why ya'll couldn't have picked a better URL for the new forums than castlesiegegame.com. Feels too generic and small time with game tacked on the end. forums.aoecastlesiege.com has a better ring to it [rolleyes] but oh well the new URL is already paid for and we're stuck with it.

....On second thought, I have another complaint. This adds another stop for me whenever I want to nag for AoE 4 or AoM 2 :P. I'm still waiting :ph34r:.

4 hours ago, TheJohnnyBang said:

Indeed, although the way it is now, I visit the other parts of the forum now and then...... when my big finger hits the wrong link[sad]

These sorts of transitions are always somewhat chaotic. I'll bring some beer and folding chairs. Who's got the nachos? We're going to need nachos. You can't watch good internet chaos without nachos.

6 hours ago, dariakus said:

These sorts of transitions are always somewhat chaotic. I'll bring some beer and folding chairs. Who's got the nachos? We're going to need nachos. You can't watch good internet chaos without nachos.

@Shawn_imoto somebody said nachos! I'll bring the hot wings!

3 hours ago, Kaelion said:

I'll take pop corn to wait for an announcement of a new game. I hope i hope..

This whole business of relocating the forums naturally reminds me of the last time MS did this, which was in November, 2013.  I'd say the relevant dates in the timeline are as follows:

• August, 2011: Age of Empires Online is released with ongoing development, patches, and new content ongoing thereafter
  • January, 2013: Age of Empires Online is announced to have shuttered development, though the existing game will remain playable until July, 2014
  • April, 2013: AoE2 (originally released in 1999 and with an expansion released in 2000) is re-released onto Steam and is officially supported and available for the first time since 2006 (when the multiplayer servers closed)
  • November 7, 2013: Brand new expansion released for AoE2
  • November 8, 2013: All existing forums for Age of Empires games (so the forums for AoE Online and AoE3) are closed and this forum opens
  • May, 2014: Age of Mythology is re-released on Steam
  • July, 2014: Age of Empires Online shuts down completely is no longer playable.
  • August, 2014: AoE Castle Siege is announced
  • September, 2014: AoE Castle Siege is released

Within one year of the forums being combined in November, 2013, there were new releases in three separate AoE games. In the grand scheme, it certainly seems like they may have decided to combine the forums as part of an overall increase in AoE development. 

So here's hoping we will all be kept entertained with new toys very soon.  But even still, it could be months before we see any announcements.  Though it does seem interesting that ageofempires.com will be occupied only by the least populated communities and we are being moved offsite.  If a new release were coming, it seems quite reasonable that they would want to have its forum at the flagship ageofempires.com domain and even further possible that they would want that community to have the ability to grow without being drowned out by us.  

1 hour ago, Andy P said:

This whole business of relocating the forums naturally reminds me of the last time MS did this, which was in November, 2013.  I'd say the relevant dates in the timeline are as follows:

• August, 2011: Age of Empires Online is released with ongoing development, patches, and new content ongoing thereafter
  • January, 2013: Age of Empires Online is announced to have shuttered development, though the existing game will remain playable until July, 2014
  • April, 2013: AoE2 (originally released in 1999 and with an expansion released in 2000) is re-released onto Steam and is officially supported and available for the first time since 2006 (when the multiplayer servers closed)
  • November 7, 2013: Brand new expansion released for AoE2
  • November 8, 2013: All existing forums for Age of Empires games (so the forums for AoE Online and AoE3) are closed and everyone this forum opens
  • May, 2014: Age of Mythology is re-released on Steam
  • July, 2014: Age of Empires Online shuts down completely is no longer playable.
  • August, 2014: AoE Castle Siege is announced
  • September, 2014: AoE Castle Siege is released

Within one year of the forums being combined in November, 2013, there were new releases in three separate AoE games. In the grand scheme, it certainly seems like they may have decided to combine the forums as part of an overall increase in AoE development. 

So here's hoping we will all be kept entertained with new toys very soon.  But even still, it could be months before we see any announcements.  Though it does seem interesting that ageofempires.com will be occupied only by the least populated communities and we are being moved offsite.  If a new release were coming, it seems quite reasonable that they would want to have its forum at the flagship ageofempires.com domain and even further possible that they would want that community to have the ability to grow without being drowned out by us.  

Or CS is going the way of the dodo or O........

On 2017-5-20 at 2:00 AM, dariakus said:

I'm hoping someone can pull this off. I adored that game :)

I'm hoping we could be sure Microsoft is okay with that, and won't send them a cease and desist.

I don't expect Microsoft to support it, but it is walking a very fine line at the very least.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts