Plus2Joe

Big Forums Changes Next Week!

7 hours ago, Plasticcaz said:

I'm hoping we could be sure Microsoft is okay with that, and won't send them a cease and desist.

I don't expect Microsoft to support it, but it is walking a very fine line at the very least.

Microsoft is more then welcome to return the game by themselves. 

3 hours ago, Mindgem said:

Microsoft is more then welcome to return the game by themselves. 

No plans have been announced regarding this, and I don't have any more information, sorry.

I love and fully support fan projects. However, if a third party were to violate Microsoft's IP rights, and Microsoft found out about it, we would probably be forced to defend that IP and that would be the end of that project.

All this is to say, if someone DID actually have a viable and publicly available build of a game that we owned but no longer supported, that someone would be wise to keep mentions of said project to other areas of the web than the official MS forums, so MS could continue to maintain plausible deniability and not have to take action to shut down what otherwise would probably be a very cool thing for the community to have. [thumbup]

3 minutes ago, Plus2Joe said:

No plans have been announced regarding this, and I don't have any more information, sorry.

I love and fully support fan projects. However, if a third party were to violate Microsoft's IP rights, and Microsoft found out about it, we would probably be forced to defend that IP and that would be the end of that project.

All this is to say, if someone DID actually have a viable and publicly available build of a game that we owned but no longer supported, that someone would be wise to keep mentions of said project to other areas of the web than the official MS forums, so MS could continue to maintain plausible deniability and not have to take action to shut down what otherwise would probably be a very cool thing for the community to have. [thumbup]

Nice to read it Joe :) 

52 minutes ago, Plus2Joe said:

Well it still would be the prefered way of fans to go.

Non the less F2P rulez! [tongue]

Back to ontopic...

Edited by Mindgem

Can be soon an announcement

Age of empires online reborn

Age of empires 4

Since the time that the community expects a real announcement and not a simple Hd 

An excellent reply from Joe.

If you want to maintain a revival project like this, boasting about it all over official MS channels is a pretty terrible idea. By shoving illegal stuff to their faces, you're basically forcing them to look into it and take action against said project, which makes me sad...

7 hours ago, Eaglemut said:

An excellent reply from Joe.

If you want to maintain a revival project like this, boasting about it all over official MS channels is a pretty terrible idea. By shoving illegal stuff to their faces, you're basically forcing them to look into it and take action against said project, which makes me sad...

Or https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/topic/2828-future-of-skylords-reborn-and-intro-to-ardent-peak/

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, SeaPetals said:

I love that Forum,  sure could use that for my Alliance, please how do I come by it?

It cost to have.

Some places cost and some don't.........lots to choose from.........but most have someone that knows the web well for graphics and some mild coding and a little html lang.

17 minutes ago, Wicked Wulf said:

Some places cost and some don't.........lots to choose from.........but most have someone that knows the web well for graphics and some mild coding and a little html lang.

Cost!  Leaves me out. Thanks for letting in on the P. & Q.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts