Wicked Wulf

Crazy News

1 hour ago, PleasedClown463 said:

I thought it was funny when you started to take out your teeth Wulf. [lol][lol]

Remember I only have OnE tooth......but it is beee u te ful

I wouldn't call this NEWS... but I can't think of anywhere else to post it and I'm not making a thread over it. The data was supposedly taken from matchmaking questions on dating apps. Don't ask me how THESE were the results, I've never tried one of them lol.

But I thought it was pretty darn funny... (I wonder why people from Massachusetts hate Eli Manning so much? muwahahaha Go G-Men!)

5sKxLD3.png

@Chuggles22 I was surprised to see that Arizona didn't have "CALIFORNIA" written on it. :P Mississippi doesn't seem to hate anything. Hmm...

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, Something Gross said:

@Chuggles22 I was surprised to see that Arizona didn't have "CALIFORNIA" written on it. :P Mississippi doesn't seem to hate anything. Hmm...

Maybe they just can't write it in lol

For that matter I don't know any fellow New Yorkers who have ever stated their disgust for Times Square

On 7/24/2017 at 6:32 PM, Chuggles22 said:

Maybe they just can't write it in lol

For that matter I don't know any fellow New Yorkers who have ever stated their disgust for Times Square

Of course, to each their own. I can imagine the distaste, though. Times Square being both a tourist destination and a working roadway. Plus, if you go to New York for the fine dining, you'd be horribly misinformed to wind up in Times Square with it's Bubba Gump Shrimp, Sbarro's Pizza, and two-story McDonald's.

I kind of feel the same frustration with Tombstone, AZ. It's pretty close to my house. People travel there from all over the world to "experience the wild-wild-west". Many historically significant events took place there, but now it's a kitchy campy tourist trap with scheduled mock shootouts and a "Ghost Adventures" (yes, the show) tour of the Bird Cage Theater, which used to be an awesome place to visit. To top it all off, there are dozens of real ghost towns with just as much history within a short drive in any direction.

So, the parallels are there to be interpreted. I don't know much about New York, but I do know what I'd avoid if I visited haha. Dining at Les Halles is definitely the most touristy thing I want to do there. [Silly voice:] "Ohh, where's Anthony Bourdain? I just love him so much! I thought he worked here! Where's my well-done steak 'free-tess', 'gar-cone'?"

@Something Gross... I would venture to say that everyone should see Times Square at least once (Not on New Years... totally not worth what you gotta deal with). Forget all the glam... what fascinated me most were the unknown street artists plying their trades where they knew they could make a few bucks to put food on the table that night.

Oh, yeah, Times Square is awesome now, after Giuliani, cleaned it up (and East Village too), but folks should have seen it back when it was full of *** theaters, pimps and drug dealers. I mean, 42nd street just doesn't have the same ambiance anymore. And you can't party in Central Park anymore after dark without being arrested, this is a classic case of Civilization encroaching on Culture. I'm not sure how I feel about that.[confused][blink]

@Chuggles22 Agreed entirely about the street artists. Admittedly, most of what I know about what, for lack of better phrasing, "New Yorkers think of New York" comes from TV.  Nonetheless, metropolises like that seem unimaginably hectic. I grew up around Phoenix, which, of course, is no New York. Still, I dreaded going downtown. How do you deal with the massive concentration of people?

For fun, to imply the breadth of my NY knowledge (or lack thereof), and for @Scythian Fury's amusement as well as anyone else's, I'll include-- **** it, here's a 30 Rock quote: "Since Giuliani left, it's getting harder to harvest hobo organs." :P

1 minute ago, Something Gross said:

@Chuggles22 Agreed entirely about the street artists. Admittedly, most of what I know about what, for lack of better phrasing, "New Yorkers think of New York" comes from TV.  Nonetheless, metropolises like that seem unimaginably hectic. I grew up around Phoenix, which, of course, is no New York. Still, I dreaded going downtown. How do you deal with the massive concentration of people?

New York has some of the best street musicians and performers in the world, on top of all the free concerts all over the place. It is a proper World Class city with great big museums, theaters and concert venues. Plus the other thing it has that many cities do not, artists' circles, they are what keeps the cultural scene happening and current. As for the masses of people, you get used to them, it's part of the ambiance of the place. :D

Hahaha please don't take this the wrong way, but "people" and "ambiance" are near-polar opposites in my mind. Maybe that's something to do with desert life- that even back in Phoenix I could often look into a vast distance. I'm guessing that it's largely either buildings or forest making up the horizon around those parts- not that I've ever been.

The arts there, though, I can't even imagine. So many of my favorite writers, comedians, directors, visual artists, chefs, etc. come from there. And of course, the street art and public live displays. I've got to wonder, does it ever feel complacent? --If I'm using that correctly. But, y'know, does it ever feel like you could go out and experience something live and awesome with no plans at all, the same way one might simply... well, watch 30 Rock? I'm not really asking whether or not you, personally, take the potentially ever-present opportunity for granted. In your opinion, though, do you feel that people who've lived there for a long time just accept it as something that'll always be there?

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:19 PM, IcedGuitar785 said:

OMG, my stomach hurts from the laughing and the laughing ain't stopped yet!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing that Wulf. made my day.

All of these make you wonder what happened in journalism class ?????? And do we really have any journalists left  ???

These are great Wulf  ! thanks for all the laughs !!!![lol]

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts