Wicked Wulf

Crazy News

Russian Hunter Fatally Shot by His Own Dog

In a speech to lawmakers last October, Gen. Viktor Zolotov, the head of Russia’s National Guard, said the country was “not ready” for mass gun ownership.

“All situations and all domestic conflicts can influence the use of weapons,” he said at the time. “When a person is under strong emotional stress, he or she could use firearms with a valid reason and without it.”

General Zolotov did not mention the dangers of hunting dogs.

I don't know how many of you guys know about the Darwin Awards, but this is always a source of some of the most astounding instances of human stupidity? The awards a given to people who through some act of stupidity do us all a favor and take themselves out of the human gene pool. :D [thumbup]

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Every guys dream come true is to be pulled from the stands to play in a professional game. Quite literally this exact scenario for me, since I'm a goalie as well lmao

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/emergency-goalie-pressed-into-action-in-blackhawks-win/ar-AAvgHkl?OCID=ansmsnnews11

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, Alternanthera said:

I find it sad... that even this gets turned into a Trump issue. Everyone knows (or should know) that Fox is owned by Republicans and CNN is owned by Democrats. They both attack the other side incessantly and neither one has ANY actual interest in reporting ANY actual facts.

It's been this way as long as I know... WAAAAY before Trump. This "Deadspin" Twitter post, though meant to be humorous, falls right in line with the silly bs propaganda.

It's truly pathetic when one has no other option but to watch foreign news channels (like BBC) if you wish to hear real news of what is going on in your own country.

1 minute ago, Chuggles22 said:

They both attack the other side incessantly and neither one has ANY actual interest in reporting ANY actual facts.

Wait a minute, yoo are not saying that they are reporting 'fake news'? lol [lol][lol][lol]

Btw, personally I prefer the Japanese NHK World news, they usually stay away from propaganda. But, if you want to get a laugh, see if you can catch the news in english from Kazakhstan, every other phrase is "Everything is great in Kazakhstan", regardless of the topic, or who's statements they are reporting. :P

9 hours ago, Chuggles22 said:

I find it sad... that even this gets turned into a Trump issue. Everyone knows (or should know) that Fox is owned by Republicans and CNN is owned by Democrats. They both attack the other side incessantly and neither one has ANY actual interest in reporting ANY actual facts.

It's been this way as long as I know... WAAAAY before Trump. This "Deadspin" Twitter post, though meant to be humorous, falls right in line with the silly bs propaganda.

It's truly pathetic when one has no other option but to watch foreign news channels (like BBC) if you wish to hear real news of what is going on in your own country.

"A report from the Pew Research Center last year found that 37 percent of Americans say they frequently rely on local TV for news"

"Sinclair programming comes to people on local TV, on channels affiliated with ABC or NBC or CBS or Fox, many of which have existed in their communities for decades before Sinclair bought them. Millions of viewers of those stations have no idea that they’re watching conservative editorials rather than normal local news, which gives Sinclair incredible power to persuade viewers of conservative ideas."

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/3/17180020/sinclair-broadcast-group-conservative-trump-david-smith-local-news-tv-affiliate

"The practice of distributing identical scripts to local news anchors is not unique to Sinclair.

In 2012, the "Conan" show uncovered a similar trend about a seemingly innocuous story, wherein dozens of anchors repeated the same intro to a story about ice-cream phone apps, saying, "I scream, you scream, well, you know the rest."

But the viral speech over the weekend seems to have struck a chord, as it echoed one of Trump's main concerns and talking points."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-trashes-cnn-defends-sinclair-pro-trump-local-news-2018-4

Was that tweet meant to be "humorous"? The scale and the ramifications of that Orwellian nightmare send chills up my spine.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, Chuggles22 said:

Everyone knows (or should know) that Fox is owned by Republicans

Are you talking about Murdoch & 21st Century Fox??? There is a whole lot more to it than that (it gets a bit confusing as old school democrates are kinda todays republicans.....my grandfather use to go on and on about it and how the parties kinda switched.......he is from Austrailia and he has owned several liberal type companies and tons of liberal news stations in the past also in the UK......what he wanted more than anything was the audience......a massive audience in that conservatives had no real news outlet or channel, he would dominate since most everything out there was considered liberal. 

Now it is probably falling apart....which is sad.....I use to like watching a few of the shows.

Tired of the news in general.......it makes me angry when something IS false.....and they just let it die out and do not correct it on the front page like the original fake story.

No one does real investigative reporting anymore........they take the word of EVERYONE that wants 15 min of fame.........pitiful.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, Alternanthera said:

Was that tweet meant to be "humorous"?

Fair point. I didn't make the tweet so I shouldn't have said that it was MEANT to be... but that was my take on it when I watched it.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:43 AM, Wicked Wulf said:

Are you talking about Murdoch & 21st Century Fox???

Tired of the news in general.......it makes me angry when something IS false.....and they just let it die out and do not correct it on the front page like the original fake story.

No one does real investigative reporting anymore........they take the word of EVERYONE that wants 15 min of fame.........pitiful.

No, just the Fox News channel to be specific.

Yeah, I agree with being tired and angry. Nothing reported is fair and balanced.

I could go on and on about it, but this is not the place for a political discussion. My initial post was just to note the irony I found in the tweet.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts