Inactive User

List of suggestions

4 minutes ago, Bahkoff Sukkah said:

How about including the range of units such as archers & Mamluks, & the speed of movement of troops on the “info” tab? This would be useful for comparing troops & deciding which to take into battle. We already have damage & ‘hit points’ for each unit; these other factors would also provide helpful information.

All of that is available here:

http://age-of-empires-castle-siege.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_Empires_Castle_Siege_Wiki

Moved this here........amyone that puts this much effort into trying to improve the game should at least be seen.

Thank you

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:28 AM, Nguyenreich said:

Well, I believe that heroes other than top-tier ones needs some presence in the games. Currently, we only have a few heroes that are actually decent for playing:

- Conrad and Charles Martel are pretty much the best amongst the best. Each of them couples with another decent heroes can easily result in 2-star victories or even 3-star.
- Alexander and Joan are second-best. They have strong offensive power and capable of wrecking havocs on enemies if used well.
- To some extent, Edward, Nikephoros, Saladin, Richard, Hermann, John/elephant and Winrich have an acceptable power level, but their use is quite niche.
- The rest, I rarely see any action. Someone like Belisarius or Tariq for instance are so weak that they do not even have any use for high level keeps.

So I propose the following changes for each hero:

- Belisarius: One of the Last Romans, he should have more power. His ability, Undermine, should affect in an area (still target a wall block, but he will also deal damage to adjacent walls AND buildings, until when the target collapse). Damage to other buildings will be reduced (50% maybe), and if it is still too strong, it will deal even less damage to towers (33%?). AoE should be around one or two-tile radius. The guy is still getting blasted off by one cannon shot, though.
- Sviatoslav: His niche is about raiding, but he lacks HP to do so. As such, I suggest HEALING for Ransack. Raiders will have their HP healed for the amount of loot they gained (thus they will heal more from attacking resources, while less on miscellaneous buildings, and none against towers or wall). There is no healing ability in the game, so this will make Sviatoslav quite unique.
- Tariq: His flame is quite weak other than taking out troops (while most damage is done by towers and emplacements, duh!). Early on he is fairly decent, but then, we have better heroes for that purpose, like Joan, John or even Alexander. Giving that Alexander is very powerful (even though we need level 3 HoH and a ton of pennants to obtain this guy), I believe Tariq should have more firepower. Field of Fire shouldn't deal reduced damage against buildings, or it should at least deals more damage than currently to buildings. Or, FoF can last A LOT longer, so that when it ticks fairly negligible damage to buildings, on the long run we can expect him to clear out resources or towers that are already at low health.
- Charlemagne: He is a good hero early on (kind of like a low-level Edward) but later his low health is quite a problem. As a cavalry he has the same HP as many other foot heroes. Usually he is taken out by two or three shots of high-level cannons before he can use all of his abilities. I think that he should have more HP. Maybe instead of making him a cavalry hero, we can use Knight Templar instead? High HP but lower damage and speed, while dealing extra damage to towers.
- Henry: I think that he is a good hero, but his abilities have few charges to be of use. There are a lot of cannons, musket towers, flame towers and emplacements, while before he can reach them to Disable, he can be taken out by those towers. I think that he should have little more movespeed so that it is easier to control him.
- Rurik: He is also a good hero early on (Strike is very powerful, I admit), but at later stage he doesn't have enough HP, while towers become so strong to endure his ability. Maybe Strike will reduce attack speed of towers? Kind of like Henry's effect, but quite a slight buff since towers can be destroyed with one Strike. He will need some HP at level 3 and 4 as well.
- Maslama: Smoke lasts too short to be of use. Buff the duration a bit so that there will be enough time for attackers to control their troops.
- Conrad: I believe his abilities need to last shorter. 36s at final level is brutal. Meanwhile, level 1 just sucks, level 2 still sucks but slightly better. I think that we need to tone down his duration a bit (from 9/16/25/36s to 10/17/24/31s). We can also take the chance to buff siege towers and himself when he exits the tower? Maybe troops getting down from siege towers affected by Siege Rush will have their defense and movespeed increased as well, albeit at lower rate (last until the end of Siege Rush duration). Like that we can see some good Siege Tower play (the unit that is already underused).
- Edward: I find the hero is too niche to use. Other than using him for destroying keeps instantly, there should be better use for the guy. Maybe we need to increase his Dismantle's damage, while reduced it versus Keeps. Give it 2 charges at level 1 and 4 charges at level 2 so that we can use the guy for destroying towers instead of bringing down keeps. 

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, GAMERTHI said:

When we have the option to see the castle of enemy in our battle log, we must restricted not to see their defensive log which will allow us to see where the fire traps and caltraps are located. This will make a revenge battle simple one. The attacker can easily avoid these traps which will give major advantage if the defender didn't change the layout often (which I am not doing ).....

?? Not sure what you mean......before a revenge. most players do look at defensive logs to see where those traps are located and also other weaknesses apparent in layout....also how others attacked that same castle. Several of us players do move around our traps around to throw the attacker off.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:04 AM, GAMERTHI said:

thank you genius[thumbup]

Why thank you lmao [lol]

On 5/16/2018 at 4:01 AM, Wicked Wulf said:

amyone that puts this much effort into trying to improve the game should at least be seen.

[lol] Sure Wulfie! It will be seen by others who put effort in this and come back from time to time to look, if others have the same ideas or to renew their suggestions from time to time, like I did it in the past.

BUT, I'm disillusioned that somebody of the responsible guys pays any attention on it. The thread got wild to write some dreams down, in case you had some drinks and loads of time ;)

:P

Hope dies last!!!

I have no issues with the revenge system. However, twice now, I have been attempting to revenge a player who is running out of their time bucket. I am literally trying to revenge every 10 seconds.  But I get beat to the attack by someone who is not even trying to revenge because the matchmaking gives them the attack ahead of me? That's ridiculous. There needs to be at least a 30 second time period when the time bucket runs out, in which ONLY someone who is revenging can attack the player.  The high crown players are avoiding revenges by utilizing this tactic (and they're usually not even online).  Don't pair up someone who is "hunting" randomly to a player whose time bucket just ran out, for at least enough time that it would take someone who is trying to revenge the player to click on the revenge and load it. Anyone else having this issue or feel this way?

Edited by AZF1OldMan

14 minutes ago, AZF1OldMan said:

Anyone else having this issue or feel this way?

There are a multitude of threads dedicated to this topic in the Discussion forum. You should especially talk to @east puppet, he is our resident expert on all things revengewise and will be more than glad to fill you in on anything you missed. :D

36 minutes ago, AZF1OldMan said:

I have no issues with the revenge system. However, twice now, I have been attempting to revenge a player who is running out of their time bucket. I am literally trying to revenge every 10 seconds.  But I get beat to the attack by someone who is not even trying to revenge because the matchmaking gives them the attack ahead of me? That's ridiculous. There needs to be at least a 30 second time period when the time bucket runs out, in which ONLY someone who is revenging can attack the player.  The high crown players are avoiding revenges by utilizing this tactic (and they're usually not even online).  Don't pair up someone who is "hunting" randomly to a player whose time bucket just ran out, for at least enough time that it would take someone who is trying to revenge the player to click on the revenge and load it. Anyone else having this issue or feel this way?

keep spending your time hitting that rev 🤦‍♂️ or hit the next button 

11 hours ago, AZF1OldMan said:

Welcome to my/our life. That's one of the main requests I made in the comment below some time ago:

However, I'm sorry to inform that few or no visible things have changed since then. Apparently they have only fixed the - disastrous - last patches and then abandoned the game like a sinking ship's crew - and we're the stowaway rats inside the cargo hold, lol. I just hope I'm wrong and being too harsh at concluding this... 😕

Edited by Henry o Raposo

My suggestion is adjust Al-Malik ability.

Why Martel is the preferred hero of the game? Because the Martel's ability has a long duration.

The Al-Malik's ability is so good as Martel, but his smoke disappear very fast, that's why I saw a small number of attacks using Malik....

So, can you might consider increasing the duration of Al-Malik's smoke?

Edited by Rubinps

1 hour ago, Rubinps said:

My suggestion is adjust Al-Malik ability.

Why Martel is the preferred hero of the game? Because the Martel's ability has a long duration.

The Al-Malik's ability is so good as Martel, but his smoke disappear very fast, that's why I saw a small number of attacks using Malik....

So, can you might consider increasing the duration of Al-Malik's smoke?

Not only duration but also activation issues, by the way.

A feature that helps Martel survive for absurd periods of time - besides his ability's nature itself, of course - is the freedom we have to reactivate that ability whenever we want. We all know how crucial not allowing any vulnerable time window between uses of the Taunt ability is to determine Martel's success in battle - ironically something we cannot do for Maslama and also Tariq, two weaker heroes with weaker abilities. I don't know about you people but, most of the times I take those guys, they die prematurely because I had to wait for their smoke/fire to vanish before I could launch more smoke/fire. [glare]

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:46 AM, AZF1OldMan said:

But I get beat to the attack by someone who is not even trying to revenge because the matchmaking gives them the attack ahead of me? That's ridiculous.

I am really tired of hearing about players not being able to revenge.........I mean really.

Once again....the game is not REVENGE SIEGE......it is Castle Siege....go find other castles and learn to attack different layouts.....using different heroes and troops.....different strategies......revenge is the easy way to play, try for the revenge and if you don't get it after a few times.....move ON.....players are flipping out and worrying about their revenge chance way too much...

There is nothing wrong with revenge.....but if that is ALL a player is doing.....it is sad.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:32 AM, Inactive User said:

Dear @Robeyone @Siege Wizard and @Baroness Von Panda,

Please find a current list of things players want implemented or improved into the game. We know you guys say that you consider our suggestions and want to try to please us if you're able to. Most of these requests are for and from the age X players. We know we have been told that these players are the minority, however isn't this where you intend all your players to end up at? You wouldn't want to put a lot of effort into keeping lower age players only for them to leave quickly after reaching the final age.

Some things that are wanted are:

• Different prizes for battle chests. Some have suggested reduced troop training time for a day as a prize, similar to a holiday fair boost we have received before.
  • Regal chests should not contain all resources. They hardly come around and when they do it would be nice to receive things such as an item or gold. Nothing that's not already in the game is needed.
  • Crown system fairness. Many feel ripped off by doing many battles only to lose more than they earned in a defence loss. 
  • Adjustment to Conrad the Elder. While many have had differing opinions on how to rectify his invincibility, a lot have adjustments being made to him and the siege and also the type of targets which I can understand could be a lot of headache in programming. I suggest that everything remain except how his ability is activated. He is the only hero that works with one activation. It would be better in opinion if he were like Richard in the way he works, four seperate activations while he is still alive and the siege in range of him.
  • Alliance search results. Please have don't have this full of dead alliances as the first search results.
  • Alliance wars.
  • Leagues have a small break between finish and start. Many donate to other alliances wonder tasks after leagues and to then not count for the next league because they helped out is frustrating and discourages play.
  • Allow wonder boosts to be activated when joining an alliance and being lorded. No waiting 3 days. 
  • Retry battles can be shared more than once per 24 hours.
  • Honor statue for winning a league.
  • Not being kept in the dark about updates. How about getting feedback from us on what you plan to implement in the future?

These are some that are important to us. There are more. I suggest that anyone can add to the list here, but please keep it positive and not a list of complaints.

Hope this helps

I am really disspointed the games philosopy! People playing games for fun not for annoying! There are too much Bugs and back-end control!!!  A lot of people leaving the games after level 7 I think you should find out what is the reason!!!!!!

2 hours ago, J17 said:

A lot of people leaving the games after level 7 I think you should find out what is the reason!!!!!!

lol Maybe because the game starts getting a little harder....and they can't just drop a bunch of troops and win a 3 star...they have to actually learn to use those trebs they got in age 6. lol

Some are just lazy and want the easy win.......not that age 7 is hard, it isn't ......but you do have to start learning the game.

4 hours ago, Wicked Wulf said:

lol Maybe because the game starts getting a little harder....and they can't just drop a bunch of troops and win a 3 star...they have to actually learn to use those trebs they got in age 6. lol

Some are just lazy and want the easy win.......not that age 7 is hard, it isn't ......but you do have to start learning the game.

Harder is understanding game should be in that way. However the philosohy is you have to stay online 24 hourse 365 days otherwise you will sense of failure, no fun at all. Higher level people attacking is unfair to the lower level player. Losing many crown in defence and win a little. Only Revenge maybe can win back the losing corwn. However usually those attacker always stay online. It is a game, people is looking for fun not sense of failure!!! Eventually you will only have those 10% of higher level player playing!!!😕😠

5 hours ago, J17 said:

Harder is understanding game should be in that way. However the philosohy is you have to stay online 24 hourse 365 days otherwise you will sense of failure, no fun at all. Higher level people attacking is unfair to the lower level player. Losing many crown in defence and win a little. Only Revenge maybe can win back the losing corwn. However usually those attacker always stay online. It is a game, people is looking for fun not sense of failure!!! Eventually you will only have those 10% of higher level player playing!!!😕😠

I've managed to maintain over 800 crowns with my Age 7, and sometimes I don't attack for days.  If I have the time to play, I can keep that Age 7 over 1100 crowns--that's attacking and being attacked by Age 8 keeps.  My Age 6 keep is the same, except it's maxed, and ALL I see is Age 7's.  It's tougher, but if you learn trebs, learn your troops, and learn your heroes, you can have 3-4 sets available for those days you can spend 4-5 hours online (8-10 if you want, because after using 4 sets, the first is ready to go again).

On 5/21/2018 at 5:20 AM, DD3399 said:

BUT, I'm disillusioned that somebody of the responsible guys pays any attention on it.

I havent posted here in months for this very reason. Nobody around to do anything with these suggestions.

2 hours ago, POORFELLER said:

I've managed to maintain over 800 crowns with my Age 7, and sometimes I don't attack for days.  If I have the time to play, I can keep that Age 7 over 1100 crowns--that's attacking and being attacked by Age 8 keeps.  My Age 6 keep is the same, except it's maxed, and ALL I see is Age 7's.  It's tougher, but if you learn trebs, learn your troops, and learn your heroes, you can have 3-4 sets available for those days you can spend 4-5 hours online (8-10 if you want, because after using 4 sets, the first is ready to go again).

Imo the game is at its peak of fun at age vii