Baroness Von Panda

Update from Smoking Gun Interactive

13 minutes ago, Baroness Von Panda said:

Hi everyone,

I know that you've been waiting to hear from us about the future of Age of Empires: Castle Siege, and it's important to us that our players aren't left feeling like they're in the dark. 

The short version is that right now, we don't have any updates for you. I know that you've heard this in various forms from me lately, but I'm going to take this opportunity to expand a little upon this.  The creation of Castle Siege is, in very basic terms, collaborative. This means that any decisions made about the state of the game or updates to it, are made jointly by both parties.

I wish we could tell you more, but right now that's simply all there is to tell. All of us here at Smoking Gun Interactive & Microsoft appreciate you, our players, and the time and love you've invested in to playing the game we've created. We’re grateful that you’re on this journey with us!

Patients are in order here,  may we all find this in us.

16 minutes ago, Baroness Von Panda said:

I wish we could tell you more, but right now that's simply all there is to tell.

I believe that. And I'm sure that you want to be able to tell us news just as bad as we want to hear it.

Can't be much fun managing a game community where there's nothing game related to discuss.

Thank you for saying something. Even though there's nothing new to say... it's the effort that counts [thumbup]

1 hour ago, Baroness Von Panda said:

Hi everyone,

I know that you've been waiting to hear from us about the future of Age of Empires: Castle Siege, and it's important to us that our players aren't left feeling like they're in the dark. 

The short version is that right now, we don't have any updates for you. I know that you've heard this in various forms from me lately, but I'm going to take this opportunity to expand a little upon this.  The creation of Castle Siege is, in very basic terms, collaborative. This means that any decisions made about the state of the game or updates to it, are made jointly by both parties.

I wish we could tell you more, but right now that's simply all there is to tell. All of us here at Smoking Gun Interactive & Microsoft appreciate you, our players, and the time and love you've invested in to playing the game we've created. We’re grateful that you’re on this journey with us!

thanks for this  if i was you i would be looking for a new job [laugh]  also i would like to know about this so called "team" you keep bringing up?

Edited by east puppet

Still waiting on patches to fix bugs.  Surely MS doesn't have to approve that.  I'm really tired of the extra "Unable to make purchase, please try again," that comes up every time the game loads.  I'm sure there are others as well.  

Of course, I do have a few upgrades to make--but fighting battles to get resources is no fun when I have to find out that I couldn't make a purchase that I didn't try to make every time I get finished.

18 minutes ago, POORFELLER said:

Still waiting on patches to fix bugs.

If MS isn't funding a bug patch, then there sure won't be one. 

I have no idea how the two companies share the money, but I wouldn't be shocked if MS rejiggered its budgets for its various games and pulled the plug on us at some point. 

9 minutes ago, Andy P said:

I have no idea how the two companies share the money, but I wouldn't be shocked if MS rejiggered its budgets for its various games and pulled the plug on us at some point. 

I think they said, "Release it on android, and see if Google will pay."

5 hours ago, Baroness Von Panda said:

Hi everyone,

Panda, you are cool and we appreciate that this mess isn't your fault but SGI and Microsoft - you suck. 

6 hours ago, Andy P said:

I think you're on to something here, especially considering this:

10 hours ago, Baroness Von Panda said:

The creation of Castle Siege is, in very basic terms, collaborative. This means that any decisions made about the state of the game or updates to it, are made jointly by both parties.

What if all this lack of activity by the devs actually goes all the way to the top? Panda's statement here suggests that maybe SGI wanted to create more updates/content but got the big 'Nyet!' from the MS bosses. That would make sense, SGI proposes the changes, but has to get them approved by MS, so there may be more going on here than meets the eye. The folks that make the decisions at MS are primarily pencil pushers and bean counters, with very little understanding/appreciation of the creative process. These kind of 'businessmen' tend to think in terms of 'what has worked before' and not 'what could possibly work in the future', so if they are not seeing the numbers that they are looking for on their fiscal activity reports, they tend to be less optimistic about the thing that they are investing in. For MS this game is just another commodity, it either generates the desirable numbers, or it doesn't. So, maybe the one big patch where we got all these unexpected goodies, was due to an effort by the SGI team to get their numbers up to where MS wanted to see them. This might explain the statement by @Robeyone about SGI being satisfied with the results of that patch, primarily 'player retention'.

Then again I might just be running out of tin foil. [scared]