Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rakovsky

Is there a simple way to fix the FAILED TO JOIN GAME error?

[confused]

I have Windows 7 and when I go into ESO Multiplayer to play AOE III and then try to join games, it often says "Failed to Join game." When I host a game, other players often tell me that they cannot join my game and that the game gives them this message too.

It's a common problem on AOE3 for many players.

Is there a simple way to fix it?

A lot of instructions about fixing it say that you need to change your router settings. But I do not believe that I even have a router. I use a Verizon 4G Broadband connection that works incredibly quickly, rather than using a cable or telephone wire or WIFI. So I don't have a router box on my wall, but rather connect directly through my Broadband device.

Thank you.

[confused]

I have Windows 7 and when I go into ESO Multiplayer to play AOE III and then try to join games, it often says "Failed to Join game." When I host a game, other players often tell me that they cannot join my game and that the game gives them this message too.

It's a common problem on AOE3 for many players.

Is there a simple way to fix it?

A lot of instructions about fixing it say that you need to change your router settings. But I do not believe that I even have a router. I use a Verizon 4G Broadband connection that works incredibly quickly, rather than using a cable or telephone wire or WIFI. So I don't have a router box on my wall, but rather connect directly through my Broadband device.

Thank you.

You can try overriding your IP address - it worked for me when I had a similar issue.

Here is a page with some instructions for overriding your IP address (you can find your public IP by just typing "what's my IP" into the Google searchbar):

Instructions for overriding your IP

I'll repost my answer from the other subforum, lel.

If that's a mobile connection, it may not be possible.

But you can try to determine if you can connect to a router configuration screen, by finding your LAN IP address and connecting to it.

1 - Press Windows Key + R at the same time

2 - Type "cmd" without the quotes and click Run

3 - Type "ipconfig" once cmd is open

4 - Note down the IP address under Default Gateway

Now type that IP address in your browser and see if you can connect to a router configuration page. If so, you have to type a username and password. Usually you can use the default ones:

Username = admin

Password = password

Or:

Username = admin

Password = admin

If you can get to this step and can log in, go to the Port Forwarding page. You have to create rules for port-forwarding on your LAN IP for port ranges 80-80 and 2300-2310 for both UDP and TCP protocols.

Now, you have to go back to the command line: open Run, type ipconfig and look up your IPv4 address. It should be of this format: ***.***.***.***. You have to add 10 to the last number. So if your IPv4 address is 101.23.44.1 use 101.23.44.11.

Take this address and use it to create the port forwarding rules in your router configuration (for the 80-80 and 2300-2310 port ranges). I did this and all the connectivity problems were solved.

If this doesn't work, you may have to get a static IP from your provider.

If setting a static internal IP address and port forwarding the correct ports to it (see the FAQ, both here and on eso.com) fails to correct the fail to join issue then you may have to set DMZ on for your gaming computer. DMZ opens up some security issues though so you will probably want to set it back off after a gaming session, especially if your computer is used for secure applications like banking or online purchases.

Hello, I have the same problem,

Can you please explain what to do precisely.

It will be much appreciated.

Ports are 80 80 2300 2310 ? confirm ?

Is there a simple way to fix the FAILED TO JOIN GAME error?

Messaggio:

... tried everything even asked on ESO community. I cannot modify port forwarding on main routher and since i get connected to that one through another one from NEtgear also in this one there is no possibility to set port forwarding settings... This is a mess...

I am taking care of the issue and talking about it on ESO HERE

The links above in your messages like IP overriding do not work anymore.

Neuron is helpin me also on ESO forum, but his explanation above here is not clear.

What is it this story about my Local Area Network ip example is 198.24.45.6 ( and I have to make it 11 more ...this is not correct).

Of course to create exceptions I use my IPV4. Nothing else. Am I right?

The problem is that there are multiple barriers and routers, but by making this door in the main router I hope now it will work. I am going to test now.

Ciao

... tried everything even asked on ESO community. I cannot modify port forwarding on main routher and since i get connected to that one through another one from NEtgear also in this one there is no possibility to set port forwarding settings... This is a mess...

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts