Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baroness Von Panda

Farewell to Robeyone!

7 hours ago, Baroness Von Panda said:

As I said in the post, we continue to have production & developers on the title here and at Microsoft. If the new producer decides they want to brave these waters, they will do so :P But it isn't a requirement of them. 

You haven't been here long, Panda but this place wasn't always filled with angry, bitter players. That started when they quit adding new content AND quit communicating with us.  Don't blame us for the mood in the forum. We loved the game as it was.

I really think we should thank roby for what he did with this game since he took over!!!!  he gave us Battle Chests, spys,  nerfed the def in the younger ages. This guy is 1 of the greats in running a game  MS should put this guy in charge of the game of checkers  with his wit and grand scheme of thinking outside the box [smile]

We all appreciate the decisive impulse of Robeyone to create and improve this precious game.

We need Microsoft Studios to continue to be involved in the game, and make an important financial investment, which allows game developers to develop the great ideas of forum friends.

9 hours ago, east puppet said:

I really think we should thank roby for what he did with this game since he took over!!!!  he gave us Battle Chests, spys,  nerfed the def in the younger ages. This guy is 1 of the greats in running a game  MS should put this guy in charge of the game of checkers  with his wit and grand scheme of thinking outside the box [smile]

NO, they'd abandon it as soon as you got kinged.

On November 22, 2017 at 10:42 PM, Traders51 said:

You haven't been here long, Panda but this place wasn't always filled with angry, bitter players. That started when they quit adding new content AND quit communicating with us.  Don't blame us for the mood in the forum. We loved the game as it was.

"That started when they quit adding new content" and "We loved the game as it was." Seem inconsistent to me. Am I missing something?

I for one will greatly miss our deep conversations and talk about life, the game and all things in general over all this time, he is such a wonderful man.......I will be very sad.....we were close.... [crying]

Oh, wait.......sorry I was thinking of @recycle ar [lol] - wow what a relief.

Adios, Robeyone.....since you didn't leave a footprint.....no one will notice but maybe SGI

I do wish you well......I wish EVERYONE well......especially strangers

12 hours ago, Owl Saver said:

"That started when they quit adding new content" and "We loved the game as it was." Seem inconsistent to me. Am I missing something?

The difference back then was that the game was evolving. The devs had a roadmap to for the future, with upgrades they had planned (some of which worked out, some of which didnt) - they gave us a general idea of what this roadmap was and were adding new content every few weeks/month. But now? The last new content was in March 2017, before that it was October 2016. Beyond one panda post in July, there has been complete silence from the dev team during most of 2017. We have no idea if they are working on some major new content or stringing us along trying to wring out every last drop of profits before the shut down the game - although many expect the latter. It's really hard to get excited about playing and spending money on the game when all you see and hear from the dev team is crickets.

farewell ! 

turning wandering troop into coins was a great piece of though (spy capturing) i hope new successor wont tried to turn farm pigs into dragon or an Oliphant if clicked mistakenly during battle. that would be a deadly surprise for an attacker[lol]

On ‎29‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 9:40 AM, Andy P said:

Plot twist: Empress Phasma left her job at SGI all those months ago to become the lead MS producer hiding in the shadows. 

I don't want to prophesy doom, but there is a saying ... The rats are leaving the sinking ship! ;)

Please don't censor a idiom!

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts