SeaPetals

Think On This

So, I am asked to donate to this charity, or that charity.

If I donate to underprivileged children, I'm paying for the children's health and safety while their parents continue spending their welfare money on alcohol, cigarettes and drugs.

If I donate to the homeless, I'm paying for their clothes and food and allowing them to spend their welfare money on alcohol, cigarettes and drugs.

If I donate to UNICEF, I'm allowing the governments of those receiving countries to spend their income on anything else except their own citizens.

I do voluntary work maintaining a 14-room boarding house. Every week I see people given a second chance, a clean and safe environment, a fully furnished room and professional assistance. But they would rather spend their welfare money on alcohol, cigarettes and drugs.

8 minutes ago, AnotherRiddle said:

So, I am asked to donate to this charity, or that charity.

If I donate to underprivileged children, I'm paying for the children's health and safety while their parents continue spending their welfare money on alcohol, cigarettes and drugs.

If I donate to the homeless, I'm paying for their clothes and food and allowing them to spend their welfare money on alcohol, cigarettes and drugs.

If I donate to UNICEF, I'm allowing the governments of those receiving countries to spend their income on anything else except their own citizens.

I do voluntary work maintaining a 14-room boarding house. Every week I see people given a second chance, a clean and safe environment, a fully furnished room and professional assistance. But they would rather spend their welfare money on alcohol, cigarettes and drugs.

I praise you for your donation in volunteering your time.  Not asking you to donate.  I came across this and looked into it myself before I posted, I wanted to make sure its finding were right,  that is what I am about being right, and doing right. 

I honestly feel its a good read and very informative.

Your so correct saying all you said and its very true and very sad. 

When I give to homeless its because they lost their job, their home,  or a major medical has placed them in poverty or they truly have a mental severity and were placed on the streets to defend for themselves. 

I will not help those that are lazy,  and like living the life of a bum and love the drink, drugs, and filthy habits.

I will help those that will and want to help themselves,  but they do have to be sincere in their way of thinking, and I feel confident one would know if someone was trying to pull the wool over their eyes.

Thank you very much @AnotherRiddle for your time, and comment.

I have given to Shriners Hospitals for years.........they never charge a family no matter their financial situation. My Grandfather was a Shiner and use to drive families to and from the Hospitals.  They also provide food and lodging for the family while a child is in the hospital. They do far more than the burn centers now....I knew a little boy that was born with no heels......just straight legs and it took 15 operations over several years to give him heels and teach him to walk......what they did was truly amazing and you would never know he was born that way today. He can finally run and play with other children. Didn't cost his mother a dime. His dad died and mom had a very bad crippled child alone.....Shriners took care of everything.....even helped her at home also.

You can look up any charity here and get the low down and financials......also a very accurate rating.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/phildemuth/2014/12/22/please-dont-give-to-charity-but-if-give-you-must/#7e02d120790a

Smart article