Alternanthera

Doggies!

19 hours ago, Chuggles22 said:

Almost a year ago I asked you all to help me name my new dogs, Copper and Moxie.

As a member of the forum who was emotionally invested in naming those doggies, I'd like to thank you for posting this proof of life photo update on the puppies. They look really healthy and happy, well done raising them!

6j2234.jpgbeydr6.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:33 PM, Chuggles22 said:

I meant to post this on Puppy Day but got distracted... Almost a year ago I asked you all to help me name my new dogs, Copper and Moxie.

Here they were then:

J76P5kT.jpg

Here they are today:

RxukL7a.jpg

A fine pair of pot lickers you have there Chuggs !! They are like kids you got to pick!

My pupper, now 14 weeks, with legs/feet way too big for her body, has finally learned how to get up the flight of stairs. I was in the bedroom putting laundry away thinking that one of the kids had their eye on the dog; NOPE!  I come out of the bedroom to see Angie lying on the floor in the hall way, happy crunching down on kitty litter "treats" [scared] Cat *** and litter smeared all over the floor and her face... [cursing]

The cat litter is NOT a snack buffet!!!

We used to have this problem with our first dog 20 years ago, needed to move the pan... 

Dogs are so great that the idea that you are going to have to pick up *** with your hands 3 times a day for the next 8 - 18 years doesn’t even phase us... [scared]

Yesterday I thought it was a great idea to buy the pupper a real bone from the pet store, I came home and gave it to her.  She was happier than a clam, at first she was barking at it, then batting at it, then dug right into it, she chewed on that thing for like 2 hours, not moving an inch.  Well... bad idea, starting last night and right into this morning, explosive diarrhea all over the place...   

1 hour ago, SeaPetals said:

@Dudeist Priest that is awful, never heard of a chew bone causing diarrhea,  that's bazar.

Ya, the poor pupper, I have to keep her in her crate until it passes, the carpet in the living room, the dining room and my son's room, have taken multiple direct hits... [scared] Thank goodness I have a carpet cleaner... 

I used to buy the real bones for my old dog and never had a problem. When I gave Angie this bone, I put it on a towel as I could see there was still some meat and stuff on it and I did not want the carpet to get stained, as I said, she chewed happily on it for about 2 hours and then she did a relatively small vomit so I took it away, then a few hours later the diarrhea started...

Maybe she is too young? 15 weeks

Maybe the addition of cat litter to her diet?

Maybe because we are transitioning her food ( the breeder gave us a big bag of food and I would buy it, but you can only buy it online, I bought a bag of high quality food from PetSmart, meat first ingredient, no by products) I have been slowly decreasing the old food and increasing the new one over 2 weeks...

Maybe all of the above???

She had her shots and fully dewormed when we got her, we took her to our own vet and has had two more deworming pills and her stool sample came back fine.

I know she is not feeling well, she will protest if in the crate too long, but she is just been sleeping all day, not a peep from her and she keeps passing gas [bored]...

She is scheduled to see the vet on Saturday for more shots and flea/tick treatment, so maybe the vet can give some insight...

But here is a pic of her enjoying it...

YLBUy2g.jpg

@Dudeist Priest Your puppy may have a food allergy or an intolerance or they may be suffering from a chronic illness.  Senior dogs and puppies have sensitive digestive systems and the wrong food can exacerbate these issues.

There are many signs and symptoms of poor digestion you can look for in your dog. If your dog has any of the following issues, they may have poor digestion:

• Vomiting
  • Bloating and gas
  • Diarrhea
  • Constipation
  • Lack of appetite or disinterest in food
  • Lethargy
  • Weight loss
  • Extreme weight gain
  • Stomach pain or tenderness
  • Dull coat and dry skin

I hope your vet will look for any of these signs to properly and effectively in caring for your pet.  Do mention a few or all of these if your puppy is experiencing any of these.

5 hours ago, Dudeist Priest said:

Yesterday I thought it was a great idea to buy the pupper a real bone from the pet store, I came home and gave it to her.  She was happier than a clam, at first she was barking at it, then batting at it, then dug right into it, she chewed on that thing for like 2 hours, not moving an inch.  Well... bad idea, starting last night and right into this morning, explosive diarrhea all over the place...   

This is common with a bad bone.....from a bad place.

Actually only buy bones made in North America........Brazil is ok......and Argentina (lots of cattle)-- but do not buy bones from India and China.....those make dogs sick. If they are not labelled I don't buy -- also no chicken or pork bones unless a big ham bone.......I also stay away from rawhide bones.....as with slobber they turn back into leather and can block digestive track.

Normally they get better pretty fast......Sterling eats bones like rock candy......super powerful chewer.......so I have to be careful what he gets...I call them dinosaur bones because they average about 14-18 inches long lol....

So sorry Angie got a bad bone [crying]

I buy all his bones at the tractor supply or off Amazon cheap from good sellers I know have good USA bones cured or roasted.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts