fabioramosfilho

Conrad is not active, does not work

to some kind of bug created by some players, when you attack his castle conrad does not activate his power, repeat the battle and the same happened, regrettable and very unfair. How can I have my 28 crowns lost in this battle? follows the name of the user leader of yam

I'm Brazilian, I'm using google translator.

It sounds like you might have gone up against a new defensive layout :) Recently players have discovered a way to use gates instead of walls. This means that Conrad doesn't have available walls to siege against, so he exits his tower as soon as you place him. This means it's not possible to active his power. 

This is not considered a cheat or exploit or bug. 

19 hours ago, DampfFlunder28 said:

But: how create this new defense Layout? I've try but it does'nt work...

Check out the Tips and Tricks subforum....tells you how to make those sideways gates, etc.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, fabioramosfilho said:

thanks for the return, I was just that, I researched more and I noticed this hahaha I have to do the same

All right a good sport that gets it having a good laugh at myself was my reaction the first time I went up against a keep with no walls loved the fact Conrad would not work.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, POORFELLER said:

Check out the Tips and Tricks subforum....tells you how to make those sideways gates, etc.

Check General Discussion.  You'll see "Thumbtacks" on several threads.  One of those is Tips & Tricks is to build the sideways wall.

It's actually pretty simple to explain.  You place two wall pieces together with a road piece on one side and the keep entrance on the other.  That creates your gate. If you remove the keep the gate will remain.  Place a wall piece on the opposite side of the road piece and the wall will turn sideways.

On ‎16‎.‎2‎.‎2018‎ г. at 1:11 AM, Scythian Fury said:

But we can try to transform ALL the walls into gates. How to do with 70 roads for 125 walls...

Is this a challenge ?

You say this is normal defensive play, but if there are spaces between the gates, Conrad can't even go there. I get he can't go through a gate but he should be able to go through open spaces. This is obviously a glitch, and we are expected find our own work around. If one finds an error in a program why should they be allowed to exploit it, sort of like a cheat code. Are you encouraging the finding of cheats?

Per my previous comment, three are walls all around parts of the castle, the gates are only around the outer rim, often with 3 or more spaces between and walls through the empty space but Conrad stops on an empty space.  See [MOD EDIT - please do not call others a cheat.......they are NOT cheating].

1 hour ago, strubage said:

You say this is normal defensive play, but if there are spaces between the gates, Conrad can't even go there. I get he can't go through a gate but he should be able to go through open spaces. This is obviously a glitch, and we are expected find our own work around. If one finds an error in a program why should they be allowed to exploit it, sort of like a cheat code. Are you encouraging the finding of cheats?

Per my previous comment, three are walls all around parts of the castle, the gates are only around the outer rim, often with 3 or more spaces between and walls through the empty space but Conrad stops on an empty space.  See IdenticalHawk48.

What is your gamer tag.........and the tag of the attack you had a problem with 

Then we can look. If there are no walls..........Conrad will not deploy and his ability will not work. HE HAS TO HAVE A WALL to dock his tower on......if no walls he will not work. There is a difference between gates, walls and sideways gates that look like walls........conrad will only attach to a WALL.

It is NOT a cheat......he has always worked this way........the walls and gates have ALWAYS been this way..........if we take the walls the game gives us.......and find a way to use them in other ways......that is not a cheat....that is SMART and good game play.

If you don't do well with these types of layouts........next past them, There are many other layouts out there.

Edit -- his layout is normal.....set up to counteract Conrad.......he has no exposed walls. Please do not call others a cheat.....for a creative layout. 

4 hours ago, strubage said:

You say this is normal defensive play, but if there are spaces between the gates,

The point of this layout is that some gates look like walls, and confuse an unaware player. It is a way that gates can be constructed so no cheating necessary, just a rather brilliant castle design.[thumbup]

On ‎25‎.‎2‎.‎2018‎ г. at 9:15 PM, DampfFlunder28 said:

Belisar can help: he destroys the gate and then Conrad has a chance to go trough and dock on a wall... ;O)

Right, but then instead of Joan you use Belisarius, which means less % for the attacker. So for the second star the attacker should have some skills.