Icecrane 123

FALCON HEAVY --- Car in space --- Spacex makes history!!!

I got to see this LIVE! [thumbup] Awesome experience.

I was way to exited to watch this so forgot to share with you guys. 

And you can also watch live starman and the tesla roadster in space!!! 

Edited by Icecrane 123

5 hours ago, Icecrane 123 said:

I got to see this LIVE! [thumbup] Awesome experience.

WOW!!!AWESOME!!![thumbup][thumbup][thumbup] The privatization of space is the immediate future. The government sponsored programs are good for pioneering exploration, but without the private sector getting involved we can't expect to see much development past that. And Space X is but one of the first ones to get involved. IMO the most important thing about this is for the first time in history we have something else besides war to drive our technological innovation.[thumbup]

Good to see you back on the forum, dude.[thumbup] When you gonna get back to sieging? :D

On 2/7/2018 at 11:33 AM, Scythian Fury said:

WOW!!!AWESOME!!![thumbup][thumbup][thumbup] The privatization of space is the immediate future. The government sponsored programs are good for pioneering exploration, but without the private sector getting involved we can't expect to see much development past that. And Space X is but one of the first ones to get involved. IMO the most important thing about this is for the first time in history we have something else besides war to drive our technological innovation.[thumbup]

And Spacex was able to do something Russia couldn't do, launch a rocket with 27 engines. In fact, launching a rocket with that many engines is one of the most spectacular feat.  Have you heard of the Russian N-1? I heard the Russians aren't to happy with spacex. [lol] And you're right, government can't dream like a private citizen. It seems that government don't have the enthusiasm of Musk.

And..... I believe you are in California so have you ordered one of these?....

On 2/7/2018 at 11:33 AM, Scythian Fury said:

When you gonna get back to sieging?

"Procrastinate" [tongue]

Edited by Icecrane 123

Was an awesome inspiring event........so cool to see. Great that everything worked out perfectly as planned.......thanks for posting. My Son will love seeing this video of the launch.

I liked the starman video at 1:20 min into it when he passed by earth...........very very cool!! We need private work in this field because that is not only where the imagination is.........lol it is where the MONEY is......wonder how North Korea felt about OUR  launch lmao

I don't see what all the hype here is. Some super rich guy made a big show over shooting a car into space because his car company is sucking wind and he needs to drum up positive publicity... and investors.

[confused][confused][confused]

Big whoop...

I bet North Korea would've put a warhead on their car at least lol

He wasn't even the first one to try launching a car lol

20 hours ago, Wicked Wulf said:

Great that everything worked out perfectly as planned

Except the middle booster. Landed straight into the ocean at over 300 mph and blasted two engines of the drone ship. [thumbdn]

18 hours ago, Chuggles22 said:

I don't see what all the hype here is. Some super rich guy made a big show over shooting a car into space because his car company is sucking wind and he needs to drum up positive publicity... and investors.

The car part have been trending online but that is not the main reason for all the excitement. Falcon Heavy is the most powerful (operational) rocket by a factor of two, and way way way.....cheaper. Every moment I was watching I was ready for it to explode at any moment lol.... given that 27 engines are strapped together... which was like impossible for any rocket.

And you all should see Musk's dream of evolving our species. 

Edited by Icecrane 123

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, Chuggles22 said:

[confused][confused][confused]

Big whoop...

I bet North Korea would've put a warhead on their car at least lol

Wow really.......it is not about WHO donated the car.......it is about the fact there is an actual car in space and it got there in one piece,  has camera's all over it so we can see it orbit the earth..........and it will be there forever. What if one day someone else finds it and the time box capsule with all the info on it?

These space missions are about exploring space for possible future habitation and knowledge of space of course . The fact that they have learned to reuse engines is amazing in itself.......which saves millions of dollars I guess

I bet North Korea would have failed with putting a warhead on it.....since it was going to the moon and they are still working on getting one across the pond that works. Actually, I would have enjoyed it much better if Kim was driving that car that went into space. [sneaky]

Sorry Wulf... I dont see the big deal about sending a car up in space just for the sake of sending a car up in space. I see no value to it other than it being one more piece of garbage we shot up there.

I do have absolute respect for the rocket that launched it though. That was pretty cool.

To each their own I suppose

3 hours ago, Chuggles22 said:

I dont see the big deal about sending a car up in space just for the sake of sending a car up in space. I see no value to it other than it being one more piece of garbage we shot up there.

I have to agree here with Chuggs. I think we have too much junk in space already. And unnecessary space missions such as a junk car in space is a waste of money---no matter who funds it. I wish the money they used would feed some starving children here on planet earth.[rolleyes]

5 hours ago, Chuggles22 said:

I dont see the big deal about sending a car up in space just for the sake of sending a car up in space.

1 hour ago, AngelicAngieK said:

I have to agree here with Chuggs. I think we have too much junk in space already.

Both of you have missed the point of this mission.[rolleyes][thumbdn] The objectives were to send a payload into space using an experimental engine and then to be able to recover the booster rockets without it costing a lot of money to have to pick them up from the ocean, like the re-usable boosters that were used for the space shuttle had to be. So, as far as the primary mission objectives are concerned, mission accomplished.[thumbup][thumbup][thumbup] The fact that the payload was a car is irrelevant, they could have sent up a rock, or a piece of pig iron that had the same mass and now that this test of the new tech has been successful, the next time they can send and actually functional payload. An electric car (promoting Eco-friendly tech) with a sign on the dashboard saying "Don't Panic" (a reference to Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) is simply a good way to promote the public's interest in space exploration, which has been waning since NASA hasn't done anything attention worthy in years and that mission was also accomplished (this conversation we are having right now is just one piece of evidence of that).[tongue][lol]

Btw, all that junk floating around in orbit is also a potential for a future industry--Space Salvage, one day someone will be able to make a good living out of it. And that is the main point of space exploration, THE FUTURE and we will never get there if we don't work at it now. That is why we need to continue exploring and colonizing space, because for thousands of years the main driving force behind technological development has been WAR, you name a technology and in some way it either directly, or indirectly, originates with our impulse to wanna kill a lot of people as quickly as possible so that some ruler of some country can feel self-important. Even the internet tech that we are using to post here was developed by the Defense Department as a quicker way to able to communicate across distances in case of a nuclear strike, and the satellites for it were developed as part of the Space Race between world superpowers.

For the first time in history we have a much better reason to develop new tech, a lot of which we haven't even imagined yet (because we haven't yet encountered the challenges that would call for us to do so) and that technology might then be able to help us to solve some of the problems here on Earth, as our previous efforts in that direction have done.[thumbup]

2 hours ago, AngelicAngieK said:

And unnecessary space missions such as a junk car in space is a waste of money---no matter who funds it.

There are folks who would agree with you wholeheartedly, here's a link to their website: https://www.tfes.org/ [tongue][lol]

6 hours ago, Scythian Fury said:

Both of you have missed the point of this mission.[rolleyes][thumbdn] The objectives were to send a payload into space using an experimental engine and then to be able to recover the booster rockets without it costing a lot of money to have to pick them up from the ocean, like the re-usable boosters that were used for the space shuttle had to be. So, as far as the primary mission objectives are concerned, mission accomplished.[thumbup][thumbup][thumbup] The fact that the payload was a car is irrelevant, they could have sent up a rock, or a piece of pig iron that had the same mass and now that this test of the new tech has been successful, the next time they can send and actually functional payload. An electric car (promoting Eco-friendly tech) with a sign on the dashboard saying "Don't Panic" (a reference to Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) is simply a good way to promote the public's interest in space exploration, which has been waning since NASA hasn't done anything attention worthy in years and that mission was also accomplished (this conversation we are having right now is just one piece of evidence of that).[tongue][lol]

Btw, all that junk floating around in orbit is also a potential for a future industry--Space Salvage, one day someone will be able to make a good living out of it. And that is the main point of space exploration, THE FUTURE and we will never get there if we don't work at it now. That is why we need to continue exploring and colonizing space, because for thousands of years the main driving force behind technological development has been WAR, you name a technology and in some way it either directly, or indirectly, originates with our impulse to wanna kill a lot of people as quickly as possible so that some ruler of some country can feel self-important. Even the internet tech that we are using to post here was developed by the Defense Department as a quicker way to able to communicate across distances in case of a nuclear strike, and the satellites for it were developed as part of the Space Race between world superpowers.

For the first time in history we have a much better reason to develop new tech, a lot of which we haven't even imagined yet (because we haven't yet encountered the challenges that would call for us to do so) and that technology might then be able to help us to solve some of the problems here on Earth, as our previous efforts in that direction have done.[thumbup]

There are folks who would agree with you wholeheartedly, here's a link to their website: https://www.tfes.org/ [tongue][lol]

Ok, THAT is at least an argument for the mission that I can fully support and get behind.

Much appreciated SF [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

It does make me pretty disappointed that the ONLY part of the mission I hear get talked about is the stupid car though lol

4 minutes ago, Chuggles22 said:

It does make me pretty disappointed that the ONLY part of the mission I hear get talked about is the stupid car though lol

I think it's kinda brilliant, whether folks are for it, or against it, they are still talking about it.[thumbup] That's another big mission accomplished, as far as I'm concerned. The one thing that has been missing from the later Space Shuttle missions is the sense of adventure and exploration, of pushing the frontiers, and this dumb car is bringing some of that back.[thumbup] And, maybe, I don't want to jinx it, but I am an optimist, that feeling of exploration will get some kids more interested in science and math like the original space programs did and that, in turn, will get the Education Department to up the quality of the education for both. After the end of the Cold War and the Space Race the math and science education standards dropped all over the place.[crying][thumbdn]

2 hours ago, Chuggles22 said:

Ok, THAT is at least an argument for the mission that I can fully support and get behind.

lol Sorry I didn't represent and relay all the facts (about mass and what they needed to use for the test mission) that are already online and I assumed you had read lol -- I am not used to spoon feeding adults [scared][lol]

Good Post @Scythian Fury [thumbup]