Icecrane 123

FALCON HEAVY --- Car in space --- Spacex makes history!!!

1 hour ago, Wicked Wulf said:

lol Sorry I didn't represent and relay all the facts (about mass and what they needed to use for the test mission) that are already online and I assumed you had read lol -- I am not used to spoon feeding adults [scared][lol]

Good Post @Scythian Fury [thumbup]

No, I do not spend much of my time browsing and reading the internet, got lots of other stuff to keep me occupied lol, and I most certainly had no interest in reading the MANY articles that headlined it as some sort of a stunt [thumbdn]

So please excuse my ignorance on a subject that for all intent and purposes seemed pretty mundane and silly on the book cover [lol]

2 hours ago, Chuggles22 said:

headlined it as some sort of a stunt [thumbdn]

So please excuse my ignorance on a subject that for all intent and purposes seemed pretty mundane and silly on the book cover [lol]

We can agree to disagree :unsure:

You do realize (I hope) that this mission is NOT about the car?.........that was just for fun.

Since when is exploring our world, the space that holds it and very advanced science and rocket technologies...mundane and boring?

Beats reading all the awful news we see each day...So happy others didn't feel that way when they first put a man on the moon........[rolleyes]

18 minutes ago, Wicked Wulf said:

when they first put a man on the moon

Oh, that's a hoax.[tongue] Everybody knows that.[blink][lol]

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1860871_1860876_1860992,00.html

Edited by Scythian Fury

1 hour ago, Wicked Wulf said:

We can agree to disagree :unsure:

Of course we can :) 

You do realize (I hope) that this mission is NOT about the car?.........that was just for fun.

NOT at first,  which had everything to do with my initial opinion. I posted earlier that I stand corrected on that fact. [unsure]

Since when is exploring our world, the space that holds it and very advanced science and rocket technologies...mundane and boring?

Ummm... I never said anything like that. All I said was that I thought the reason I originally believed the mission to be about (car in space) was REALLY REALLY stupid.

Beats reading all the awful news we see each day...So happy others didn't feel that way when they first put a man on the moon........[rolleyes]

Jeez Wulf, you're killin' me here lol... I give up See the source image

14 hours ago, Scythian Fury said:

Both of you have missed the point of this mission.[rolleyes][thumbdn] The objectives were to send a payload into space using an experimental engine and then to be able to recover the booster rockets without it costing a lot of money to have to pick them up from the ocean, like the re-usable boosters that were used for the space shuttle had to be. So, as far as the primary mission objectives are concerned, mission accomplished.

The booster recovery may have been a useful mission. However, I still think we send too much junk into space. It has been an issue I have been concerned with for years. I also think too many space explorations is not good for our ozone layer.  So unnecessary space missions are a waste of money and can eventually cause more serious problems in the future. 

14 hours ago, Scythian Fury said:

they could have sent up a rock

To me, that would have been a better option to test the booster recovery. 

8 hours ago, Chuggles22 said:

It does make me pretty disappointed that the ONLY part of the mission I hear get talked about is the stupid car though

And that pretty much sums it up. Kids are not talking about space exploration and getting excited about that. Everyone is talking about a car in space and the unworthiness of it or how exciting a car in space is instead of the fact that boosters were recovered or 27 engines were used. We have a bunch of entitled billionaires that all want their own rockets now. (Leave that to the professionals, please. ) But, we now have all other professionals in the various space companies wondering what they can send up there to get their name in the news instead. And because this company sent a car, everyone is talking about them. I'm sorry, I want to see NASA making kids excited again. And I want useful space missions that is not depleting the ozone or sending junk in space just for the publicity. And face it, the car was a publicity stunt that got them on the news. [glare] 

19 hours ago, AngelicAngieK said:

I want to see NASA making kids excited again.

Where do you think SpaceX and a few other high-end space programs get there millions and billions? Some from the private sector of course....but MOST from NASA......(which is GOV)

NASA is still doing a lot of work....but they have awarded several contracts to others to do just what they are doing.

On 2/13/2018 at 4:02 PM, AngelicAngieK said:

However, I still think we send too much junk into space.

There is no such thing as 'to much' for space is limitless. Rememer, earth is but a speck of dust in infinite space. I'd be more worry of disintegrating the earth. [lol] 

On 2/13/2018 at 4:02 PM, AngelicAngieK said:

billionaires that all want their own rockets now. (

Elon Musk admitted that he became a billionaire to fufill his space dream (Not trying to defend all the elite).

Government can never beat private innovation.

Edited by Icecrane 123

On 2/14/2018 at 12:02 AM, AngelicAngieK said:

And that pretty much sums it up. Kids are not talking about space exploration and getting excited about that. Everyone is talking about a car in space and the unworthiness of it or how exciting a car in space is instead of the fact that boosters were recovered or 27 engines were used.

you hit the nail on the head there without even noticing it......i guess that's the point.

the car starts the conversation, then the conversation evolves and some dude calling himself @Scythian Fury explains the in's and out's and so some kids interest is peaked and they go read up on it.

as for the "rich guys" theory.......... did you know that he is a genius in the real sense of the word, did you know that he is actually African and comes from humble beginnings and worked his butt off to get where he is regardless of his heritage.

no, you saw that he is an entitled, spoiled whatsit......just because you saw means above that of the rest.

on topic, awesome project thanks for sharing @Icecrane 123