Dudeist Priest

Everyone Please Meet Angie!

My son has really wanted to get a puppy for a while now, he said he would not only look after it, but he would pay for it and all paraphernalia (crate, food, toys, vet) with everything going on at home, l said okay (he is almost 17, works and could pay for it and he is a responsible kid).  We have been searching for the right breed, temperament and such.  He decided on a Labradoodle,  I was phoning around different breeders and letting him talk to them. We found a good breeder not too far away, they are Mennonites (there are a lot of Mennonites where I live and I know they are good people and would have treated the animals right, AKA not a puppy mill)

They had a lot of Labradoodles, but he fell in love with an "oops", the father is a pure poodle, but the mom is an Australian shepherd/ Golden Retriever mix, so we are calling her, a Mutoodle...

Any whooo... my son ended up paying about 2/3 of the price and I picked up the rest.  She is 11 weeks old, great pupper, she has only had a few accidents, but I know from dogs I have had in the past, we will get over that...

So, I present you with Angie!

yeIJ7yA.jpg

zvlwHa8.jpg

11 hours ago, Dudeist Priest said:

but he fell in love with an "oops"

Those are the best kinds of dogs I think. SO MANY people put stock in blood line and papers and pedigree that they don't seem to remember that what they should be looking at is a good companion. And nothing usually beats a good ol' mutt! They're generally smarter than pure breds and are more likely to have quirky personalities.

I bet you've already had a ton of fun playing with her [laugh]

Congrats to you and your son. I've no doubt that "Angie" will make a wonderful addition to your family!

PS: I have to go on the record here and admit it was very difficult for me to refrain from cracking any jokes at the expense of @AngelicAngieK lol. 

20 hours ago, AngelicAngieK said:

Ahh, how sweet! A puppy named after me. [wink]

That is definitely 1 lucky Angie there. [smile]

LOL, my son is really into classic rock right now and wanted to call her a "Rock" name.  I had told him when I was a teen, I had a kitten that I called Geddy Lee, and in my 20's, I called my Dog, Webster, after the Canadian band, Max Webster (the lead singer was Kim Mitchell, was not a huge fan of Kim Mitchell on his own, but loved Max Webster)

Going off topic, but here is Max Webster and Geddy Lee, classic rock at it's best...

Point being... Angie was named after the Stones song. [tongue]

11 hours ago, Chuggles22 said:

Those are the best kinds of dogs I think. SO MANY people put stock in blood line and papers and pedigree that they don't seem to remember that what they should be looking at is a good companion. And nothing usually beats a good ol' mutt! They're generally smarter than pure breds and are more likely to have quirky personalities.

I bet you've already had a ton of fun playing with her [laugh]

Congrats to you and your son. I've no doubt that "Angie" will make a wonderful addition to your family!

PS: I have to go on the record here and admit it was very difficult for me to refrain from cracking any jokes at the expense of @AngelicAngieK lol. 

Ya, she is a great dog, good disposition, getting along with the cats, and seems to be a big o'l goofball...

We are all have a lot of fun with her, she has a ton of energy, I forgot how much work a puppy is, she is just like a toddler, we had to puppy proof the house because everything goes in the mouth... and she chews everything!!!

She reminds me a of my daughter, we had a lot of problems with my daughter when she was a toddler, she too chewed everything, besides biting people, she would actually chew on like tables and chairs.  We took her to the doctor to ask what to do, and get this... The doctor told us to get Milk Bones for her, we did and it worked!  LOL!!!  We would give my daughter a Milk Bone and she would gnaw on them for hours...  I am teasing my daughter now, asking her, "You are the expert, what biscuits should we get for Angie? What was your favourite flavour?"

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, Dudeist Priest said:

I forgot how much work a puppy is, she is just like a toddler

I can attest to the Dog = toddler......but at least you can pick your dog up!

Ahh Dude she is beautiful...........so happy for you guys!!

I know we all love different kinds of pets......but to me dogs are special......they love us back with all they have. I could not exist I don't think without a dog. They are children to me.......and more devoted than some people lol.

Post pics of her as she gets bigger please.....I mean just posts pics of her always lol

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:21 AM, Wicked Wulf said:

They are children to me

I agree!  We only have one fur-baby now.  A beautiful black 4 year old co.cker spaniel called Rosie!  [love] 

Our other two fur-babies (mother and son), both passed in the last 3 years.  [crying]

Edited by Wicked Wulf

On 2018-04-12 at 12:21 AM, Wicked Wulf said:

I can attest to the Dog = toddler......but at least you can pick your dog up!

Ahh Dude she is beautiful...........so happy for you guys!!

I know we all love different kinds of pets......but to me dogs are special......they love us back with all they have. I could not exist I don't think without a dog. They are children to me.......and more devoted than some people lol.

Post pics of her as she gets bigger please.....I mean just posts pics of her always lol

I will post more, she is getting so big already, she is going to be about 22 - 28 kg (50 - 60 lbs), I have to post a pic of her belly, she has short hair there and she has a paw print birth mark! 

22 hours ago, MedianRope8063 said:

I agree!  We only have one fur-baby now.  A beautiful black 4 year old ***er spaniel, called Rosie!  [love] 

Our other two fur-babies (mother and son), both passed in the last 3 years.  [crying]

Our animals are our kids too, this is my second dog, not that we have two dogs, I mean I had a dog 25 years ago, but we have had a barrage of cats my whole life.  Animals are my soft spot, they love you unconditionally; hence the reason I have been a vegetarian for most of my life.

I took Sterling canoeing recently lol......he won't fit in my kayak........it was his first time in deeper water.......he is pure muscle and loves the water hose and stuff but took him a few seconds to sink or swim......his new life vest will be here today lol......swimming wore him out and he was lazy for two days.......but he loved it.

He is my giant puppy that loves to snuggle.....why do all my dogs always become such needy creatures? omg they have separation anxiety and grumble if ignored while working.

Training is going very well, over the past week, I have got her to sit and then stay, then ON COMMAND! So not only when she feels like it, but if she is going crazy and jumping around, pulling on her leash, wanting to chase a squirrel etc. I firmly say, "Sit" and she does, even when it's feeding time.  Today we had a breakthrough, I have been trying "Shake a paw" and it was not cluing in,  she has to sit, then stay, then shake, but she wanted the treat after stay and I taking her paw in my hand, but today she did it! Three times so far so looks like it will "stick"; not bad for a 14 week old pupper...

Good thing my son wanted a dog, maybe I should charge him for obedience training... [rolleyes]

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts