Septerror43

Peaceful place for INTELLIGENT debate

So I just couldn't stand posting in a thread called 'the game has never been worse'   LOL  so i made a new one  :D 

Just as a prelude... has anybody else noticed the age8 on 9500 crowns busy Conramming his way to the top in spectacular style...  LMAO

OK, so:

1. @Baroness Von Panda insists that no coding has changed which could be causing a revenge window. Thanks for making this clear, it puts paid to some theories :) but opens a whole new set :( 

2. I Completely believe her on this point...  heck they've made no other changes for so long :P [lol] why bother with this one!

3. A revenge window (or whatever you want to call it) DEFINATELY exists, because lets face it nobody is nexting over the whales for an hour everytime that they log off... if you believe that you're an idiot and are not welcome in a thread for INTELLIGENT debate. It is obvious that these whales are not being SEEN by the playerbase while nexting. 

4. The logical conclusion is that the same coding which causes lower ages to not get attacked immediately is now taking effect in the higher ages as well, most likely due to a changing ratio of active vs inactive players in the game or a reduction in the number of maxed out keeps due to the mass ageX exodus and general life cycle of the game... I don't know.. I'm no expert and can only comment on PRACTICAL observations.

5. In the other thread there was mention of an hour but i originally noticed it as about 40 minutes a few months ago which supports the theory that it is some other outside dynamic... and the fact that its now an hour means... It's a trend... and is getting worse.

6. I think it may have a lot to do with there being so many undead like myself clogging ageX MM...  I mean I'll probably never go 60 days without logging in so i won't be removed from MM but us Zombies are doing nothing except donating having the odd chat with old mates and i suspect there are more players just like me than ever before!

7. Perhaps reducing the time before zombie removal to 40 days or just making us less likely to come up in MM in favour of having active players come up more often or even going as far as a crown erosion algorithm that slowly removes crowns from inactives and gives them out evenly over the player base once a week... He.ll everything else comes for free to current 'up and coming' players these days in smashdowns, chests, zombie's sitting on TONS of loot and easy revenge with Charles, Conrad and 22 rams on that whale that attacked you last night.

8. If an age8 can find enough high crown players to get to within 1000 crowns of the top of the lb, it is a reflection of how TERRIBLE MM has become for max outs... and that it is probably worthwhile for the devs to revisit the way things work.

9. Considering how little new anything is taking place around here (aside from the new more inventive names well call each other when we don't agree :P). I think it's highly unlikely that it is going to be changed anytime soon so we may as well hold on tight [scared].  I for one intend on going down with the ship :D 

10. Just to make an even 10... will the trolls please either behave themselves in this thread or else rather just stay UNDER THEIR BRIDGE :P  Actually... second thoughts... I luv you guys... troll away :D There are chains, sledgehammers, chairs and tables hidden in page 2 of the thread... first one there can call shotgun! and I hear @Wicked Wulf, @Chuggles22, @Andy P, @InflamedNut2 and @AnotherRiddle have all taken some time off so have at it until the Baroness gets back on Monday [lol]   There is also beer on page 4 for anybody who makes it that far!

Sept I found Pandas remarks to be so discouraging - I've given up hope. She said the same team is still on board and she has also said they aren't working on updates. It's too bad Microsoft is content with such a poorly supported game. Other games get regular updates - this one is stagnant. If low age players have problems, they work on that - remember the tower nerf? But they don't seem to care about their long term customers. Meh

1 hour ago, Traders51 said:

Sept I found Pandas remarks to be so discouraging - I've given up hope. She said the same team is still on board and she has also said they aren't working on updates. It's too bad Microsoft is content with such a poorly supported game. Other games get regular updates - this one is stagnant. If low age players have problems, they work on that - remember the tower nerf? But they don't seem to care about their long term customers. Meh

I can only think that some stoopid Magoo upstairs believes that stable income from long-term repeat customers is not a good business model. They'd rather depend on sporadic trickles from one-and-done passerby's... Who don't even need to buy gold considering how much they give away for free now [thumbdn]

I have to agree with the fact something has happened to the MM and revenge opportunity. I call it revenge opportunity because if anyone says window, it is dismissed. [wink]

So there is a revenge opportunity that is resulting in a flaw in the dynamic of the game now. It may be to code, but, I think it is more than that. I agree that code may not even be a factor. But something is causing a trend of increased time for revenge opportunity and longer time to be available in matchmaking. And in an intelligent debate, we have to admit trends are apparent.

Matchmaking is horrendous. I am maxed now and find it harder to find crowns than when I was not maxed. That is a fact for me. I was hit by the age 8 that has all the crowns that @Septerror43 mentioned above. It was on my age 10 that is not maxed but yet it is still an age 10 empire. When I hunt for crowns, I am exclusively revenged. All red fists in the defense logs. I get a few wins because I have a Terrordome. (Thanks again Pete for that little jewel. [biggrin]) In the last week, I have only done about a dozen battles on all my accounts put together. I now have people that I can revenge. But in the last league that OK fought hard in. I had no one to revenge but was revenged just as soon as I got off line. Now those are my truths. 

Yet a lot of people, including the devs, think that nothing has happened to the game. Experiments have been done by friends that prove an hour exists that a maxed keep sitting outside the walls surrounded by storage units were not hit until 1 hour after log out that was not a revenge. It was not 1 time either. One day was put aside to test this theory. And each time it was almost 1 hour exactly on each keep. 

I am a scientist by nature. I studied pre-med with the hopes of being a neurologist. I like studying the brain and behavior. So I have majors and minors in Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, and counseling. I have worked in research also. I was accepted into medical school but got very ill and almost died and never got to attend. I say all of this to give credence to the fact that I know how to run an experiment--not to prove that I am smarter than anyone else. I just wanted to prove that I know what a scientific experiment looks like. [smile] Now all the criteria was not met to run a sophisticated double blind study here because we are not "game science experts." However, I can tell you that most of the criteria was used to test this theory to the best of the ability to our "resident game scientists." And it held true to our 1 hour time of not being in MM. To take it a step further, others were specifically hunting for the empires in question in MM. Yet they were not found in that 1 hour time that they sat out as a full tribute and all the resources available.

This is proof enough to me that a revenge opportunity exists. As to the reason, I will only be guessing, so I will not try to sway this court one way or another. However, I will say if something is not done to rectify the situation, the game will continue to fail. I do not enjoy the game as is and have drastically decreased my play time. Old Knights has dwindled partly due to my inactivity but mostly due to the fact that nexting takes longer and longer and no one has the patience to compete in the current state of the game. I also know I have not been around as long as some and have not seen all the trends in that game. That is why I think my friends words ring truer to me. I am smart enough to know that with time comes wisdom. I may have been a smart school whip in my younger years. But I am much more wise now than I was then and wish I could have put the 2 together back then.[biggrin]

But when it comes to this game, I believe my elders in the game more than any others. I may be older in years on the earth than some of them. But they have played the game from the inception. They have never let me down either. And the reason that I know as much as I do is because of their help and my tenacity to always chew a bone to it's bits. [wink] 

So you can take my observations at face value or dismiss them. That is up to you. But when having an intelligent conversation, which I thoroughly enjoy, by the way, you need to gather information from wise people-not just people with degrees.[wink] Several of you may not agree with me, that is ok, too, but I have surrounded myself with wise people in this game. I learned from an early age that wisdom trumps degrees in many aspects of life. You can have all the knowledge available in the world and still not know what to do with it. However, spending a lot of time with 1 item can make you an expert on it without the written word about it or taking a class about it. How do you think that any of our sciences came about in the first place? 1 person spent a lot of time on 1 thought. So I will trust most anything @Septerror43. @east puppet. @mmali386@Kicho, @Chuggles22, @recycle ar, and several others tell me above any others including the devs. Let's face it, if the devs played like us, they would have fixed this already.[wink] And as you can see, I added a couple that I am not in an alliance with to prove that I am not as biased as some think.  I do not want to seem dismissive of any other comments either. I read them and continue to read them. But I know wisdom and truth when I read it and I also know a lot of babble just to be babbling when I read it as well. I have done that myself a time or 2, I am ashamed to say. [blush] We all do from time to time. So I am not calling out anyone or making fun of anything you say. I just know what rings true to me. :)

So I implore the devs to do something to rectify the situation. Whether it be causality of excessive zombies or code or any other result of a game tweak, so to say, please, look into Sept's suggestions above so that we can enjoy our game and community once again. [smile]

5 hours ago, Chuggles22 said:

Btw... you messed up  the MOD tags

tnx Chuggs...  My age is showing :P 

2 hours ago, east puppet said:

I'm waiting for page 2 and 4   nothing to see here yet [drool]

I hid one of these there just for you :D ... watch out wimpy nerds... Pup is coming for you!

1 hour ago, AngelicAngieK said:

a lot :P 

Thanks Emp :) really well said ... pity the devs don't listen so good [lol] 

2 hours ago, AngelicAngieK said:

When I hunt for crowns, I am exclusively revenged. All red fists in the defense logs. I get a few wins because I have a Terrordome. (Thanks again Pete for that little jewel. [biggrin]) In the last week, I have only done about a dozen battles on all my accounts put together. I now have people that I can revenge. But in the last league that OK fought hard in. I had no one to revenge but was revenged just as soon as I got off line. Now those are my truths. 

totally agree , they have messed with something creating this huge revenge window and it needs looking into 

@AngelicAngieK... well thought out and well said. I swear, a lawyer couldn't have done a better job of covering their *** with that post lol

That being said, I agree with everything you said in it

(I'm really just trying to get to the weapons on Page 2... Really Sept... you shoulda put the booze out before the weapons if you want to see some REAL fun lol. Poor party planning on your part)