Nguyenreich

Buff some heroes

Well, I believe that heroes other than top-tier ones needs some presence in the games. Currently, we only have a few heroes that are actually decent for playing:

- Conrad and Charles Martel are pretty much the best amongst the best. Each of them couples with another decent heroes can easily result in 2-star victories or even 3-star.
- Alexander and Joan are second-best. They have strong offensive power and capable of wrecking havocs on enemies if used well.
- To some extent, Edward, Nikephoros, Saladin, Richard, Hermann, John/elephant and Winrich have an acceptable power level, but their use is quite niche.
- The rest, I rarely see any action. Someone like Belisarius or Tariq for instance are so weak that they do not even have any use for high level keeps.

So I propose the following changes for each hero:

- Belisarius: One of the Last Romans, he should have more power. His ability, Undermine, should affect in an area (still target a wall block, but he will also deal damage to adjacent walls AND buildings, until when the target collapse). Damage to other buildings will be reduced (50% maybe), and if it is still too strong, it will deal even less damage to towers (33%?). AoE should be around one or two-tile radius. The guy is still getting blasted off by one cannon shot, though.
- Sviatoslav: His niche is about raiding, but he lacks HP to do so. As such, I suggest HEALING for Ransack. Raiders will have their HP healed for the amount of loot they gained (thus they will heal more from attacking resources, while less on miscellaneous buildings, and none against towers or wall). There is no healing ability in the game, so this will make Sviatoslav quite unique.
- Tariq: His flame is quite weak other than taking out troops (while most damage is done by towers and emplacements, duh!). Early on he is fairly decent, but then, we have better heroes for that purpose, like Joan, John or even Alexander. Giving that Alexander is very powerful (even though we need level 3 HoH and a ton of pennants to obtain this guy), I believe Tariq should have more firepower. Field of Fire shouldn't deal reduced damage against buildings, or it should at least deals more damage than currently to buildings. Or, FoF can last A LOT longer, so that when it ticks fairly negligible damage to buildings, on the long run we can expect him to clear out resources or towers that are already at low health.
- Charlemagne: He is a good hero early on (kind of like a low-level Edward) but later his low health is quite a problem. As a cavalry he has the same HP as many other foot heroes. Usually he is taken out by two or three shots of high-level cannons before he can use all of his abilities. I think that he should have more HP. Maybe instead of making him a cavalry hero, we can use Knight Templar instead? High HP but lower damage and speed, while dealing extra damage to towers.
- Henry: I think that he is a good hero, but his abilities have few charges to be of use. There are a lot of cannons, musket towers, flame towers and emplacements, while before he can reach them to Disable, he can be taken out by those towers. I think that he should have little more movespeed so that it is easier to control him.
- Rurik: He is also a good hero early on (Strike is very powerful, I admit), but at later stage he doesn't have enough HP, while towers become so strong to endure his ability. Maybe Strike will reduce attack speed of towers? Kind of like Henry's effect, but quite a slight buff since towers can be destroyed with one Strike. He will need some HP at level 3 and 4 as well.
- Maslama: Smoke lasts too short to be of use. Buff the duration a bit so that there will be enough time for attackers to control their troops.
- Conrad: I believe his abilities need to last shorter. 36s at final level is brutal. Meanwhile, level 1 just sucks, level 2 still sucks but slightly better. I think that we need to tone down his duration a bit (from 9/16/25/36s to 10/17/24/31s). We can also take the chance to buff siege towers and himself when he exits the tower? Maybe troops getting down from siege towers affected by Siege Rush will have their defense and movespeed increased as well, albeit at lower rate (last until the end of Siege Rush duration). Like that we can see some good Siege Tower play (the unit that is already underused).
- Edward: I find the hero is too niche to use. Other than using him for destroying keeps instantly, there should be better use for the guy. Maybe we need to increase his Dismantle's damage, while reduced it versus Keeps. Give it 2 charges at level 1 and 4 charges at level 2 so that we can use the guy for destroying towers instead of bringing down keeps.

Edited by Nguyenreich

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:28 AM, Nguyenreich said:

Well, I believe that heroes other than top-tier ones needs some presence in the games. Currently, we only have a few heroes that are actually decent for playing:

- Conrad and Charles Martel are pretty much the best amongst the best. Each of them couples with another decent heroes can easily result in 2-star victories or even 3-star.
- Alexander and Joan are second-best. They have strong offensive power and capable of wrecking havocs on enemies if used well.
- To some extent, Edward, Nikephoros, Saladin, Richard, Hermann, John/elephant and Winrich have an acceptable power level, but their use is quite niche.
- The rest, I rarely see any action. Someone like Belisarius or Tariq for instance are so weak that they do not even have any use for high level keeps.

So I propose the following changes for each hero:

- Belisarius: One of the Last Romans, he should have more power. His ability, Undermine, should affect in an area (still target a wall block, but he will also deal damage to adjacent walls AND buildings, until when the target collapse). Damage to other buildings will be reduced (50% maybe), and if it is still too strong, it will deal even less damage to towers (33%?). AoE should be around one or two-tile radius. The guy is still getting blasted off by one cannon shot, though.
- Sviatoslav: His niche is about raiding, but he lacks HP to do so. As such, I suggest HEALING for Ransack. Raiders will have their HP healed for the amount of loot they gained (thus they will heal more from attacking resources, while less on miscellaneous buildings, and none against towers or wall). There is no healing ability in the game, so this will make Sviatoslav quite unique.
- Tariq: His flame is quite weak other than taking out troops (while most damage is done by towers and emplacements, duh!). Early on he is fairly decent, but then, we have better heroes for that purpose, like Joan, John or even Alexander. Giving that Alexander is very powerful (even though we need level 3 HoH and a ton of pennants to obtain this guy), I believe Tariq should have more firepower. Field of Fire shouldn't deal reduced damage against buildings, or it should at least deals more damage than currently to buildings. Or, FoF can last A LOT longer, so that when it ticks fairly negligible damage to buildings, on the long run we can expect him to clear out resources or towers that are already at low health.
- Charlemagne: He is a good hero early on (kind of like a low-level Edward) but later his low health is quite a problem. As a cavalry he has the same HP as many other foot heroes. Usually he is taken out by two or three shots of high-level cannons before he can use all of his abilities. I think that he should have more HP. Maybe instead of making him a cavalry hero, we can use Knight Templar instead? High HP but lower damage and speed, while dealing extra damage to towers.
- Henry: I think that he is a good hero, but his abilities have few charges to be of use. There are a lot of cannons, musket towers, flame towers and emplacements, while before he can reach them to Disable, he can be taken out by those towers. I think that he should have little more movespeed so that it is easier to control him.
- Rurik: He is also a good hero early on (Strike is very powerful, I admit), but at later stage he doesn't have enough HP, while towers become so strong to endure his ability. Maybe Strike will reduce attack speed of towers? Kind of like Henry's effect, but quite a slight buff since towers can be destroyed with one Strike. He will need some HP at level 3 and 4 as well.
- Maslama: Smoke lasts too short to be of use. Buff the duration a bit so that there will be enough time for attackers to control their troops.
- Conrad: I believe his abilities need to last shorter. 36s at final level is brutal. Meanwhile, level 1 just sucks, level 2 still sucks but slightly better. I think that we need to tone down his duration a bit (from 9/16/25/36s to 10/17/24/31s). We can also take the chance to buff siege towers and himself when he exits the tower? Maybe troops getting down from siege towers affected by Siege Rush will have their defense and movespeed increased as well, albeit at lower rate (last until the end of Siege Rush duration). Like that we can see some good Siege Tower play (the unit that is already underused).
- Edward: I find the hero is too niche to use. Other than using him for destroying keeps instantly, there should be better use for the guy. Maybe we need to increase his Dismantle's damage, while reduced it versus Keeps. Give it 2 charges at level 1 and 4 charges at level 2 so that we can use the guy for destroying towers instead of bringing down keeps.

I moved this to suggestions about castle siege....this section is for ideas for other games.

I agree with you spend a lot to upgrade then end up with whimps for hero's. Masslama's 1 second smoke is ridiculous good concept but no delivery.