Sign in to follow this  
SuperFiver

AOE HD 2, bottom not rendering

I tried a couple of internet searches and was unable to find anyone having this problem, and I would post this in the AoE 2 forum, but it is locked. 

Does anyone know how to resolve the following. 

age2.PNG?psid=1&width=1924&height=726

One time after a bit of use this issue stopped and I thought it would stay fixed, but on relaunch, it has not fixed itself again. 
I also noticed some menus looked odd as well. 
age1.PNG?psid=1&width=481&height=202
I am running a 980 ti, on a i7 on 4K. I don't want my menu size increased for I want the extra graphics space. 

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, SuperFiver said:

I tried a couple of internet searches and was unable to find anyone having this problem, and I would post this in the AoE 2 forum, but it is locked. 

I don't know how to resolve your issue, but here is a link to the new AOE 2 forum.

Hope this helps...

https://forums.ageofempires.com/c/age-of-empires-ii-hd

Thanks for the reply. I figured out that when I go  beyond 3620 X 2036, that the unrendered ground will start appearing. Just going up to 5120 X 2880 just made it horribly obvious as more and more ground that is usually hidden from a  smaller resolution is shown unrendered. I think it just the limitations of the rendering engine for AoE 2 HD. I had found someone else on steam that had the same issue and ultimately he too and the community there were unable to find a solution and just accept it is the limitation of the game. 

We can close this forum now, I am no longer searching for an answer, I believe it is just a legitimate limitation of the game that won't be fixed till more monitors can hit the 5K mark and the devs patch it. I hear people are having a hard time on ludiKRIS map sizes with performance, so I would find it hard to imagine the devs justifying increasing the render amount if there are already issues present in the game for a decent amount of players. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts