munz

Why are some castles harder than others?

On 10/13/2018 at 2:24 AM, munz said:

Why is it that some castles I attack look like an easy 3 star (100%) but then I end up losing the attack. Other castle look really hard and I think 2 stars would be a miracle but then I get 3 (100%).

I don't know for you, but for me the most usual reason is that in limitted scouting time I tend to assess the quality of the layout, rather than the strength of the defences. When I do less well, most often it is because I under estimate P/L, and when I do better than expected it is often because the castle is weaker than I realised. MM gives a very broad range of differences in P/L. Far from being matched with castles of approximately equal power level, they can be about 30% stronger or weaker.

On 10/13/2018 at 2:24 AM, munz said:

What determines when the group splits up?

The AI tries to take troops to the nearest target. Two troops attacking the same target from different sides may then be nearer to different new targest. Sometimes a target is the other side of a wall, and the troops have a long way to go to get to it, very likely under towers on the way so that they have no chance of arriving. Catching them before they die is one of the arts of the game.

10 hours ago, md sadikul haque said:

at different time same armies works differently.....thats the only reason sometimes I got 100% with R/H sometimes not.....only reason grands....sometimes they destroy towers sometimes they get out from the inside of the castle to destroy a single building at the outside of the castle even I made room to advance them for next towers....

and sometimes the troops get stuck inside doors and walls when are inspired in excessCKhT87R.png

Edited by BlacklowenXXI

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, munz said:

What I mean is I could attack the exact same castle on 2 different days and the troops would behave differently for each battle.

I suspect the AI has a difficulty level applied to each battle, making castles of the same power level easier or harder. For example, there are times when I've had trebs act like there was a "wall box" (the thing that attracts siege weapons) built by the castle owner when in fact there wasn't any.  

Trebs aren't controlled by AI.  Their drivers are drunk.

Aardvark, I appreciate your replies and am open to what you suggest. 

I just did a battle and got 100%. Everything went smoothly and the troops obeyed my every command. I decided to immediately retry it and noticed that I was having trouble controlling the troops right from the start, unlike the first time. I ended up with 49%. I retried it a second time and also had a harder time than the first. I ended up with 74% on the second retry. The differences I noticed that made the attack harder:

- Meat shields(blues) I had set to  attack walls moved away from the walls (at just the right time too) without my command, exposing my trebs.

- Grenadiers had a delayed response when I issued commands to attack defending troops

- Trebs were drifting away from each other, "drunk" on the retries.

Try this (compare retries) for yourself and let me know what you think.

Oh, and the retries had me cursing out loud too #!@%&^* !!! 🤬

Hi @munz. Of course I am familiar with total failure, doing a retry with essentially the same strategy and getting 2*. I am also familiar with the fact that sometimes troops do just what you ask, and other times they behave like the badly behaved termites which they really are. All I am saying is that this is not deliberately built into the game, but is an effect of randomness. Small differences in where and when you drop troops and how you instruct them can lead to large differences in the result. Having had a career in computer programming, I am astonished at the achievement of the devs who made the AI work at all, so it does not surprise me that it often works badly. The great players are those who somehow manage to contain all of these variables. Not me, however.

Another thing to consider is also the electronic interference in the whole system and how many steps/relays the signal has to go through in order for a command to be activated in the game. There is a simple rule in engineering--the more moving parts there are (more steps the signal has to go through) the more chances there are of things going wrong and the interference can be very minor, from a badly shielded microwave oven to a refrigerator sharing the same AC line as the device you're playing on. Also, for many of us the signal has to get relayed through satellite networks and solar/stellar wind activity can influence those transmissions very easily. So, yeah, considering how many things could go wrong, it is pretty amazing that so many thing actually go right with this game. 

Something else to consider for those who play on devices with HD touchscreens is that the pixels on the screen are very tiny and that makes it much harder to execute commands in the exactly same manner every time, because very minor differences in triggering the command can translate into very large differences in the device's execution of those commands.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts