Plus2Joe

ANNOUNCEMENT: Castle Siege Sunset & Refunds

9 minutes ago, Freddy Krieger said:

Can we get the source code for both, the apps and the server components ?

Maybe one can transfer it to linux to continue the game without server issues, ... ūüėČ

Yeah sure, they should give us the code and we will take care of servers and hosting... still this is good place to make money...

If you want to keep the game start blowing up Twitter and posting about the game EVERYWHERE! Killing a game that people enjoy playing is just plain stupid. They could easily put a small amount of development effort into this game with all the game development studios with recent purchases.

Here are some Twitter accounts to start blowing up:

https://twitter.com/msstudiosblog

https://twitter.com/satyanadella/ 

We could also start a hashtag #SAVEAOECS 

1. Write articles in tech forums

2. Complain to the media about it - negative news always gets attention

Don't quit and throw in the towel!

Edited by RetiredRecon

This is heartbreaking an end of an era!   Will there be in the future another AoE?  My clan and I will be fighting on until the bitter end.........   sincerely ; Granny Mayhem Rox  aka Lord lady Gia

Edited by Lady_Gia
Forgot signature

16 minutes ago, Lady_Gia said:

This is heartbreaking an end of an era!   Will there be in the future another AoE?  My clan and I will be fighting on until the bitter end.........   sincerely ; Granny Mayhem Rox  aka Lord lady Gia

AoE 4 :)

My wife and I play every day, when we first started we paid over £3000 to build it up, just for MS games to chuck it out of the window, so sad and disappointed, I will never pay money into another Microsoft game after this.

It is good that I do not have to spend 10 hours to play this game everyday!  I could understand why a lot of people quit after the trial.  The construction is so slow and it really takes some time to master the game.  I would have quit the game long time ago if I were not disabled by cancer and had a lot of free time all of a sudden.  Nowadays people want something quick and easy, not something you had to spend hundreds of hours.  But once you were into this game.  Man, this game is so addictive.  I spend houdreds of dollars since I started playing the game one month ago.   Considering I was such a stingy person in life, this game was made really well.  I felt it is better than previous AOEs.  I am at VIII now.  I am sure I will probably play until the end:)

Ahhh I was just planning my comeback! I might have to blow the cobwebs off the old castle anyway and do a couple of attacks. 

Good luck to everyone out there, wherever you might play next. It's been a pleasure meeting you and ransacking your castles.

I'll keep an eye out for familiar game tags whenever I'm playing. Hope to see you around. 

Going to miss a lot of you even though a plan to be around at least a little while longer.  It's been a long siege--and although I'm disappointed, my time in Real Life had led to a lot less time in the game...….till the next time, devs.

Can I just "donate" money to my favorite company, Microsoft, and in return be gifted by the dev's a certain denomination of gold coins? The struggle is real, time is not friendly.....

Edited by Microsaurus Rex

The developers of the game did have a deep understanding of the AOE series.  The game was designed very well, which is why the game is so addictive.  Other than lack of marketing, I think the game would have survived if the early stage of the game were a little bit easier, I.e., construction time in seconds not HOURS!!!!  It seems it also a little hard for most people to play the game in the beginning.  It is a mobile APP game, most people only had a few minutes to try the game.  I would imagine 80 out of 100 who tried the game would quit after a few minutes.  Then another 15 would quit after a few hours.  Only maybe one or two person would eventually became addictive and enjoy the beauty of the game:)  So if the game were a little bit easier in the beginning, there would be more people became addictive and the game would be profitable and successful:)