Plus2Joe

ANNOUNCEMENT: Castle Siege Sunset & Refunds

What I forgot to ask, what is the most exact reason why AoE:CS is coming to it's end? 

I think all forum members would be pleased if you just tell what was the reason that affected MS and SGI most to put another AoE game in the mud, just like AoE:O? 

#SaveAoECS

Microsoft Studios Stop doing this...! this made me heart attack 💔

Still lot of players, playing we are addicted to AOE, if you are not going to change your decision Please make a New AOE with old data!

How long we played think about it, my game profile is more than 3 yrs continuously played.. very hardly i made the progress 

if you are planning to close the game why did you created in cloud online ? better it can be in offline..

I can't digest this and i can't express all my feelings and angry in this message..!

if it happens we will not play any microsoft games in future whatever it is... 😠 [sad]

Microsoft Studios/AoE creators. 

You pride yourself in bringing about new AoE Definitive Edition. and other new editions of the game.  I have downloaded the Definitive version, I hope that you allowed an opportunity for Castle siege alliance members an opportunity to find each other again and continue out alliance families.  

I also downloaded Clash of Clans on Tuesday after the news.  Absolute garbage, compared to Castle Siege. Graphics are garbage, you can't direct your units, and there are trees and rocks in the way of my layout. The list of complaints go on. I never complained about Castle Siege.  

I think I speak for everyone when I say you have NOT thought about us when you decided to close this game.  But I will see how you guys are claiming to redeem yourselves with AoE Definitive Edition.  

One of the biggest things you took from a lot of us, wasn't just the game, but the communities we've built !!! 

I know this message and all the others won't change your mind about cancelling the game (as we all wish you'd do), but just read everyone's messages here a few times.  All of them are people who's lives you changed with this game and now you are taking it away.

I would like to know why. I know from reading these forums that many others would also like to know why. However I do not think we are going to get an answer because firstly Microsoft does not have to give us one and secondly any answer they give will, of course, bring on an endless torrent of counter argument to the reason why and they , being smart people, know that and don't want to deal with it. I can't say that I blame them. 

So that leaves us to answer the question ourselves. Why do you think? What is the logical answer?

Well I am thinking that they are not making enough money with it to keep it going any more. They can make more money with a new game, therefore their resources, both human and machine, are not being used to their full potential and that is just bad business. Too many people are now maxed and therefore they do not need to buy gold. Also a new game is always more appealing to customers much like a new restaurant is very hot in town until the new gets worn off because everyone wants to try it out. Undoubtedly they are seeing a decline in profits that is only going to get worse as time goes by. Even a go-fund-me  page or a call for people to buy more gold to keep the game going would only result in a temporary spike in profits and then they would be back in the same downward spiral that can only be stopped by ending the game and replacing it with a new one. 

The short answer to Why is just one word. MONEY!!

Lastly I have seen several threats toward Microsoft that go along the lines of …"We paid for gold in this game so you have to pay us back for all of it or else!!" I am sure that Microsoft has a wonderful legal team that has considered the consequences of sunsetting the game and they evidently are not worried about that. I have not studied the terms of use in great depth and I am sure most of you haven't either but I am just absolutely sure that you cant sue them for closing the game. so you should be thankful that you are getting back the last 6 months and stop crying about it because they don't even have to give you that.  

Is it a joke? What for? This game must live even more than Clash of Clans!

Will there be an ability for CS players to get the newest version for free in May? Or, maybe you will rescue this one?

What for? It is a great game now!

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts