Plus2Joe

ANNOUNCEMENT: Castle Siege Sunset & Refunds

Check out this link:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/330640/Smoking_Gun_Interactive_Reflects_on_the_Closure_of_Age_of_Empires_Castle_Siege.php

Here's a quote from the press release:

"Smoking Gun Interactive will continue to support the product and community for Age of Empires: Castle Siege through to its shut down period. The studio has another strategy title in the works and is working on securing its next new partnership and title that will be built with the latest incarnation of the Caliber engine used to create Age of Empires: Castle Siege and other titles."

If you go the SGI website is says

:

"#1 grossing game on Windows Store"

Not sure why MS killed it but maybe there's hope on a another platform to play a similar (and maybe better) game.

1 hour ago, Aeon Islay said:

It´s very sad to know about this.   Just a question... you said that you will refund all the gold purchases from May 8, 2018...  when are you going to do it? and until when you will say that it´s finished?....  

By now, I had already received 1 refund.... from aproximately 8 purchases, so I want to know if ALL of them will be refunded?

Thank you in advanced...

Microsoft has immediately begun granting refunds for all purchases made in the last 6 months. You should not need to do anything if you purchased in this time period, but the refund process can take some time. Your refund will come to you via the original method of purchase, so look out for a notification of refund soon from Microsoft, Apple, or Google, depending on where you played. After the notification, it may still take up to 10 days for a credit to appear on your statement, depending on how you originally paid. This will not remove any gold from your balance, and you can continue to play until May 13 2019.

I did the math..... there is NO way I can finish building everything before this is shut down - not enough time (in my case) to gather the stone required - even with several battles a day  - nor can I earn enough gold to buy things requiring gold...

THAT sort of sucks.... 

I get it - games come and die.... this is unavoidable.... my PONG game from 1979 died just last year too....

..... but it would have been nice to at least finish the build....

But wait !!! Why not reduce the cost of everything to 10% original value for the last 6 months.... doesn't cost MS a dime, and it would allow those people who started later finish their castles and have a wee it of fun...... change the dynamic a bit...

Just an idea.... a selfish one perhaps, but hey....

HAVE YOU HAD ANY MORE REFUNDS, MY ACCOUNTS ONLY HAD JUNE N HALF JULY REFUNDED, WHATS THAT ABOUT?

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, Baroness Von Panda said:

Microsoft has immediately begun granting refunds for all purchases made in the last 6 months. You should not need to do anything if you purchased in this time period, but the refund process can take some time. Your refund will come to you via the original method of purchase, so look out for a notification of refund soon from Microsoft, Apple, or Google, depending on where you played. After the notification, it may still take up to 10 days for a credit to appear on your statement, depending on how you originally paid. This will not remove any gold from your balance, and you can continue to play until May 13 2019.

IVE ONLY HAD JUNES N HALF JULYS, BOUT 7 REFUNDS, WHYS IT STOPPED THERE??

13 hours ago, Edgar the Elder said:

I only got part of the refund, the last 3 months are still unrefunded.  Who do I contact about this issue? Any other experiencing this problem, I am from Australia.  Help, please.

Please get in touch with Microsoft support if you have any queries. All refunds are being handled by them, I have no insight in to it. 

1 hour ago, Edgar the Elder said:

Please give us a direct number, the MS support here knows nothing about AOE CS refund. Got a round around and they disconnect my call. 

Regrettably I don't have that information as I don't work for Microsoft. I did reach out to them for a more direct contact path but they weren't able to provide anything. 

THis is very sad. Here is what I would LOVE: let us have as much gold as we want so we can build our perfect castles and get all the upgrades. Please make this game open source and make it available for further development in that manner. Debrand it if required, that’s understandable. Please remove the unit regeneration times so that we can battle as much as we want to, the fun is in testing different castle designs and having to wait is not pleasant, now that it’s closing you can demonetise it! Make it possible to export the final castle state and save it for posterity and offline viewing. Alternatively, release a reasonably priced version of the current game that we can load locally and play against AI opponents or on our own lan. Surely we, as loyal customers, have paid enough to warrant getting some manner of a goodbuy and thanks for the support gift as opposed to simply being informed of the date of execution where all our invested time and money simply vanishes? I think it only fair play and good marketing for the studio and Microsoft if we could have some manner of a final takeaway to show for our investement. 

Just some ideas. I look forward to your positive response.

This is sad, I don't think I will now fully complete my castle :-(

During these last months is there a way Microsoft could just let us have unlimited gold to finish off in style. It does seem a bit unfair that those who have bought gold in the last 6 months are getting a refund, so in theory they have had free gold....

Unlimited Gold in 2019 until the game closes so we can upgrade and complete everything would be a good way for MS to say thank you to us...

Thoughts...