OperaticBoot43

retry battle / Revenge Battle

I am a little lost here, need someone that knows the rules better than me.    First on the retry battle, I did one right after they started that.  I did better on the retry but not that great to have a party.  I found were I was weak in my first attack and worked that out.  After all was done I got the report and there were no rewards just the knowledge that I could kick his bottom.  That made me happy and I changed some strategies. 

I was attacked bu this guy yesterday and he got 51 % of my castle and won.   So I took the next step and did a revenge attack on him and got 57 % with 2 stars and about the same in resources.  Again I was happy.

Today this same guy comes back with a retry attack and gets about 10 % less than the first attack on my castle.  But here is the unhappy part.  He gets crowns and resources for a retry attack that he did worse than his first.  I did better on a retry and got nothing.  

So because he cannot do a revenge attack on a revenge attacker, he can do a retry and basically get a revenge attack with rewards bu doing a retry attack?  Is that how things go now?

Can anyone tell me if this is true or was there a glitch here?