Traders51

Thank You - to players

I have no “thank yous” to microsoft or sgi. They deserted this game a long time ago, milking the players for as much as they could while doing nothing to make the player experience better. In fact, they made changes that ruined the balance of the game. 

I do thank the great players I have played with. They exemplify teamwork and sacrifice and I wish them all the best. 

The players are what made this game great. 

Edited by Traders51

Right on @Traders51 👏 

Well said. 

Game was fun in the beginning, say the first year or two while new stuff was being developed.

But once the game chat came into play, and Forums were visited often...it was truly the players that made the whole thing fun. Even when development stopped, players is what kept many of us coming back and playing. 

It's been a helluva time everyone! Sad to see forums shutting down soon... 😥 

Oh, and before I forget, I have a special message from a certain puppet who shall not be named...mainly to those in charge....but also to some who miss sparring with him on the forums:  [Mod Edit: removed for avoiding profanity filter]

🤣

Edited by Baroness Von Panda
You know why :P

This was always a great place to visit, even the times when I just read messages and didn't give a smart @$$ reply.  Best forum I've been on, and going to miss it and the people here...sorry also to see it shutting down.  Saw your signature, and East didn't exactly tell everyone "Hi."

2 hours ago, POORFELLER said:

This was always a great place to visit, even the times when I just read messages and didn't give a smart @$$ reply.  Best forum I've been on, and going to miss it and the people here...sorry also to see it shutting down.  Saw your signature, and East didn't exactly tell everyone "Hi."

what did East say?! lolol. we only got a few days to go, so maybe I can get kicked off before the end by using an alt to comment in the forum. any volunteers want to take the time? @Chuggles22, @Wicked Wulf, @InflamedNut2? 😜

but yes, I agree, @POORFELLER, @MikeR210, @Traders51. the players are what made this game great! I've so enjoyed the time I've got to spend with so many of our community chatting in game. tbh, I loved that more than the sieging.

Happy trails everyone! I wish I'd got to meet you all. I can say with no reservations, this is the best bunch of people I've ever had the luck to hang out with online for the last few years! Cheers to you all!!!

Peace!

@IcedGuitar785 aka @Iced Knave 7 aka iced knave 77 aka iced brute 7

#FREE THE PUPPET

#would be nice if I could login to the game with this account. that's why I logged into forum. it's where the help button took me. haven't been able to login to 2 of my alts, this included, since before last season ended...about a week now.

Edited by Iced Knave 7
because

We will never know what truly went on behind closed doors. I have reason to believe SGI was ready and able to go forward with alliance wars and further expansion of the game, but they didn't get that funded by Microsoft, for whatever reason. Did SGI miss an opportunity or did MS spoil the pary? Who's to blame? Who's not to thank? Does it even matter? Ultimately, this game would not have existed without SGI and MS, so yeah: thank you SGI, thank you MS. It was a ride that left me, and a lot of other people, tasting for more. AoE:CS 2.0?

For me this game slowly came to a standstill, because of no new content. No amount of free gold could motivate me to keep on actively playing. My castle will end with almost 9.000 gold in it's coffers. I play other games now, and what strikes me is they keep the variation in their content higher and react faster to player feedback. I think that's essential for games on mobile, to keep in pace with the competition, by providing variation and new content.

I still routinely log on, keeping my castle in the matchmaking pool. That's the least I can do for my fellow players. It's a carefully designed fully maxed age X layout, and not easily crushed. Also there's decent loot to be had if you still care for that. I've gravitated down to holding 1.200 crowns. My defences keep proving too formidable for many a player. I don't know exactly how many won defences castle Weetikhoeveel has, but I'm guesstimating well over 1.500. Man this was an enjoyable game, and yes @Traders51 a lot of that is down the excellent people I've met in this community! Thank you indeed!

I think MS and SGI did miss out on a lot of this game's potential by not taking it further to Alliance Wars. I am currently playing a game where Alliance interaction is a key element, and it's the dynamic of that, and the people behind the alliances, that makes it absolutely engrossing. There's tyrants, friends, conquerers, farmers, rogues, bullies, traitors, playerkillers and 'folks that like to see the world burn'. -THAT- is why I play multiplayer games, it's all about what other actual people can bring to the table. This game's battle mode is far, far less strategic and complicated than AoE:CS's, but it's most potent weapon is diplomacy. To the extent that neglecting it can bring a server's most powerful P2W alliance to their knees. And the extent that it can make a modest, peaceful alliance (mine!) not just survive but actually thrive among more aggressive bigger alliances.

I'd have -loved- that kind of gameplay in AoE:CS. You guys, the players, would have taken off with that in incredible ways. If you just look at the diplomacy/spying that was already taking place within the game's limited scope for it, you know that this would have taken this game beyond the next level. Beyond!

So this is my last, longwinded post on this forum. Goodbye!

I am not good at poems :) nor at explanation my feelings, but want to say a big "Thank you" to all forum members and players of this game. You make me much more good person. I shall not mantion names, because I may miss some. 

A big hug for all

Edited by Kicho

10 minutes ago, Kicho said:

I am not good at poems :) nor at explanation my feelings, but want to say a big "Thank you" to all forum members and players of this game. You make me much more good person. I shall not mantion names, because I may miss some. 

A big hug for all. 

https://giphy.com/gifs/Hld9vKjLk3irC

i think a tear welled up in my eyes reading this 

I thought I would add my two cents to the comments.  It's been a long run, longer than I've spent with any other game.  I've been happy, frustrated, sad, and many places in between.  I stopped playing a couple of times, but always came back.  I'd like to think it was because of the friends I've made here in the forum and in the game itself.  I am going to thank a few people, although I could thank many more.  Most of them are gone, but this forum will be tomorrow, anyway.  Thanks to @GapingNeptune52, my first emperor.  Thanks to @Drustanus27, who replaced Neptune as emperor, and kept me in the game through medical issues.  Thanks to @Wicked Wulf and @Midwest, who befriended me early on and shepherded me through the scavenger hunt for Age X.  There are many more that made this game enjoyable, but if I tried to list them all, I'd run out time for the forum closing down.  When I've finally run my last attack, and when I've finally decided to abandon my keep, I'll still have the memories of the camaraderie, the arguments, the lessons both given and received, and people that I've experienced all of this with.  So, while, like others, I'm disappointed in Microsoft for closing down the game, I'll still thank the people at SGI, both those I've interacted with and those behind the scenes that I haven't met, for giving me this experience.  I'll still be playing for awhile, although I don't know how long I'll continue, but hope to visit many of you before I finally sign out.  Thanks for the memories.

BTW--anyone know where I can get a good deal for about 40,000 gold?

1 hour ago, Inactive User said:

Yes I agree, however I am still alive. Seems like a joke from another community has made its way here. No pony can help that I’m afraid

If this is really TH risen from the grave then this is not only the end of the game, it is the end of the world!!!![scared][scared][scared]

Hmm...I wonder if it's too late to get perma-banned from this forum?[blink]

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts