shinyidol

Three Options for Fixing Windows Store Problems

Those that might be having issues with the Windows Store should try the following things to potentially fix their issue. If none of these work, reach out to Xbox Support.

First you need to access the Microsoft Store settings. To do so launch the Store app and swipe to the right if you are on a tablet, hold your mouse in the top right corner until it appears or use the Windows logo key aa922834-ed43-40f1-8830-d5507badb56c_91.jpg + I shortcut.

PvckWGa.jpg

Check for Updates. In the Store settings you can force the Store to check for updates on all your downloaded Apps. Just click the Check for Updates button.

bYTCDtw.jpg

Force Sync Licenses. Sometimes the license for your downloaded Apps will become out of sync. Using the Sync License will validate all your downloaded apps.

bYTCDtw.jpg

Clear the Windows Store Cache. In certain events you may need to clear your Windows Store Cache. To do so is very easy. Just open a command prompt (Right click on the Windows button and select Run or search for Command Prompt). Just type in WSReset.exe and click enter. This will clear the Windows Store Cache.

Hopefully these methods will help you resolve any issues with the Windows Store you are having.

Thanks Shiny, useful info for anyone struggling :)

What exactly goes when we clear the cache?

What else might be affected by doing this (other apps)?

I assume (yuk!) that it's just random temporary stuff that nobody is going to ever miss, but it would be good to know before doing it.

Thanks!

Patience is also the key here. Sometimes after a windows update, the store and any/all, metro apps will not open.

As mentioned above, do the wsreset command from the cmd prompt (hint, you should run it as and administrator, not just an administrator account but as in, "run as Administrator", this will fix the store and the store will open, then do as suggested and sync licenses. It is now a 50/50 chance that other Metro apps will open, this is where the patience comes in. If it opens, great, go at it, if not, then stay logged in to the PC/Tablet, and just let it sit for a few hours, Once the store is fixed, it will run some stuff in the background and auto correct the broken metro apps; all will be fine in a few hours.

There is also a more extensive application that you can download from MS, the App Trouble-shooter, this will not only reset the store, but verify registry settings, drivers and a mess of other things, download and see tips and hints for fixing the store directly from MS Here

I really hope MS fixes this problem in Windows 10, I never had an issue with the Windows 8 store, on when they switched to new Windows 8.1 store did I have these problems, we have multiple PC/tablet/laptops in the house and it drives me nuts...

my thought is burn down the store AND START OVER after installing the newest version of windows 10 still get a message that says that I have an out dated version and need to update the game version in order to play this is starting to really bug me

your game is out of date please update to the latest version  and I just installed from the store a few minutes ago version 1.9.0.40 nice programing job

Patience is also the key here. Sometimes after a windows update, the store and any/all, metro apps will not open.

As mentioned above, do the wsreset command from the cmd prompt (hint, you should run it as and administrator, not just an administrator account but as in, "run as Administrator", this will fix the store and the store will open, then do as suggested and sync licenses. It is now a 50/50 chance that other Metro apps will open, this is where the patience comes in. If it opens, great, go at it, if not, then stay logged in to the PC/Tablet, and just let it sit for a few hours, Once the store is fixed, it will run some stuff in the background and auto correct the broken metro apps; all will be fine in a few hours.

There is also a more extensive application that you can download from MS, the App Trouble-shooter, this will not only reset the store, but verify registry settings, drivers and a mess of other things, download and see tips and hints for fixing the store directly from MS Here

I really hope MS fixes this problem in Windows 10, I never had an issue with the Windows 8 store, on when they switched to new Windows 8.1 store did I have these problems, we have multiple PC/tablet/laptops in the house and it drives me nuts...

The only error I get from this App trouble shooter is Windows Store Configuration may be damaged. It does it's auto fix but the error says not repaired. Tried this 3 times. I also tried the WSReset.exe with no help. Anything else I can try?

The only error I get from this App trouble shooter is Windows Store Configuration may be damaged. It does it's auto fix but the error says not repaired. Tried this 3 times. I also tried the WSReset.exe with no help. Anything else I can try?

1. Did you run this as and admin? It can not fix the problem unless you run as an admin.
  2. Did you try a cold reboot afterwards? (turn the machine off, leave it for a minute and then turn it back on again, not just a reset)
  3. Did you leave it for 24 hours? 

Worthless information that does not work

Glad I could help, posted it just to *** you off...

Worthless information that does not work

Its really good to know that those of us who give up our personal time offering tried and tested methods  ( you cant use google for ) for fixing issues are appreciated by morons .. :)

Just as an FYI... Windows 10 is still having store issues, two out of five accounts on one of my machines could not open the store at all, one account just did nothing when you clicked on it, the other had a pop up saying I needed to reinstall the app (the store)

• The windows 8.x app trouble shooter will not work with Windows 10, you can launch it, but it will say it has been disabled in this version.
  • I ran WSReset and it could not fix the problem, it said there were registry errors.

The only way I could fix the store was to:

1. Delete the accounts from my machine via a different admin account.
  2. Add the accounts back via settings.
  3. Log in again with the "new" accounts
  4. Reset up everything again.

Total pain in the butt, but at least I could actually open/use the store again; they really need to come out with a Win 10 version of the trouble shooter app...

Just as an FYI... Windows 10 is still having store issues, two out of five accounts on one of my machines could not open the store at all, one account just did nothing when you clicked on it, the other had a pop up saying I needed to reinstall the app (the store)

• The windows 8.x app trouble shooter will not work with Windows 10, you can launch it, but it will say it has been disabled in this version.
  • I ran WSReset and it could not fix the problem, it said there were registry errors.

The only way I could fix the store was to:

1. Delete the accounts from my machine via a different admin account.
  2. Add the accounts back via settings.
  3. Log in again with the "new" accounts
  4. Reset up everything again.

Total pain in the butt, but at least I could actually open/use the store again; they really need to come out with a Win 10 version of the trouble shooter app...

Fortunately for the rest of you who are having issues with windows 10 store , you can always go to MS support , ( which is free for a while ) and get there TS to sort it for you .... but id assume they would be doing the same as above ...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/support#1TC=windows-10  Ask Microsoft answer desk ( bottom of page ) will put you in touch , obviously other countries will need to find there own language support

Edited by Desoltefiber35
added a link for MS answer desk

or just Waite for windows 10 to fix store ha more chance to revenge recycle ar[lol] I now have 8 downloads stuck in queue from store, when you talk to Microsoft they just say they have a problem at there end they are looking to fix it asap.?????  

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts