MS IamPREZSTEVE

Welcome to the new forums!

Hey, I noticed that there was an adjustment to community reputation (likes).  When the forums launched I quickly transitioned from a Neutral (gray) community reputation to a Good (green) community reputation.  Recently I checked my profile and my community reputation has changed from Good back to Neutral, however the color field around that section of the profile is still the color green for Good (see screenshot attached).  Would you please look into this issue?  Thanks!

forumreputation.png

Edited by rhrmn

Forum Bugs and Issues

4.   On the left side of forums posts in the member profile section, "LocationOhio, USA" should be "Location: Ohio, USA"

​Okay, I figured out a work around until this issue is fixed.  Edit your profile, erase the text field for location, type a colon, insert a space and then type your location.  Now your location on forum posts will read, as an example, "Location: Ohio, USA".  The only drawback is that on your profile your location reads, as an example, ": Ohio, USA", with an extra colon and space (see screenshots attached).

postlocation.png

​With the forum upgrade this afternoon (EDT) I can see that on forum posts "LocationOhio,USA" is now "Location:Ohio,USA".  Would it be possible to add a space between the colon and the location in the forum code so that it displays as "Location: Ohio, USA" instead?

Edited by rhrmn

Haha! The envelope and profile buttons at the top of my mobile forum darken now, when pressed!!!! Thank you thank you!!! Also notice a small picture of last poster in a thread. Not as nice as a name but I will accept it, as it is better than before!

Edited by TheJohnnyBang
I still can not see any signatures though.

Hey, I noticed that there was an adjustment to community reputation (likes).  When the forums launched I quickly transitioned from a Neutral (gray) community reputation to a Good (green) community reputation.  Recently I checked my profile and my community reputation has changed from Good back to Neutral, however the color field around that section of the profile is still the color green for Good (see screenshot attached).  Would you please look into this issue?  Thanks!

​I created a few new levels of reputation. They will have placeholder names until the end of the Wololo Wednesday contest, in which users have a chance to name those levels.

You guys can participate here.

If possible, could we please have an all text option for posting/editing? With raw bbcodes and no formatting.

Being able to see elements and formatting while typing can be nice, but it makes editing really hard, as well as really easy to mess up. It also currently seems to be impossible to do things like shorten quote pyramids.

​Would help a lot on the phone, reading is good on phone, but posting next to impossible.

I just encountered a different problem with quoting from my mobile IE 11 (Lumia 820) in mobile-website view

whenever I select the "quote" option, like I just did with your text shinyidol, I'm encountering a problem when I wanted to delete the encapsulated quotes before your last question

(As I hate encapsulated quotes' quotes because when re-quoted often enough you

1.) only see the boxed' boxes' rectangles

2.) the text gets squeezed into these and therefore get lengthier because of the many line breaks needed because of right-shifting of encapsulated rectangles

3.) you may not see text at all anymore because of just mentioned right shifting if the phone is held in portrait mode;

and 4.) its repetitive info, so I leave 90% of unnecessary text outside of re-quoted stuff if possible...)

but what I wanted to say was basically that you cannot delete the rectangular boxes of the last quote or in general you cannot properly delete an internal rect.-quote block as the cursor jumps to the last position in the outer quote-box right after deletion of boxed' boxes (meaning that if you kept pressing the backspace key it would've quickly deleted the last box' entry (e.g. in this case I wanted to delete my and TheJohnnyBangs' quote parts before your "Just to clarify..." part but on the first (many!) attempts it did delete your part of the quote, which I of course wanted to keep...

can this issue be somehow resolved? I tried many times before it worked, finally only after a deletion of browser history and the manual selection of the former text blocks and by cautiously placing the cursor manually in step-by-step order...

(yeah you can call me pedantically obsessive now...)

also cursor positioning takes ages... The phone seems to be overloaded and thus slow... Any possible solutions for these problems?

​I found another Problem on phone (WP8.1): when you hit Quote on the phone and hit the back button afterwards, then go back to the thread and hit Quote again, you have the Quote 2 times nested in your edit window. As you are not able to delete them on the phone, you are out of luck ...

What I like is one of the changes today, that you can see again when the last post was made to a thread on the overview, was really missing this info [thumbup]

Something else: in the old forum you were able to see who is also browsing the forum or reading/writing in a thread. Would it be possible to show this info again, I thought this was quite usefull (atleast on the PC if there is no place on the phone).

Edited by UoPoko

Forum Post Likes

Would you please allow each user to see everyone who has liked their individual forum posts while logged into the forums?  When I'm logged into the forums and see one of my forum posts which has been liked at least once by another forum user it displays "1 person likes this" but when I'm logged off I see "Andy Pierce likes this".  I feel the opposite should be true.  There should be more detail for users logged into the forums and less detail for guests browsing the forums.

Edited by rhrmn

Text background color for Age of Empires II Support subforums description does not match the light gray color band surrounding it (see screenshot below).  I could not find another subforum with the same issue.  The text background color issue is the same regardless which browser I use to view the forums, Internet Explorer 11, Chrome 43 or Project Spartan (Edge) 15.

sK7368U.png

Text background color for Age of Empires II Support subforums description does not match the light gray color band surrounding it (see screenshot below).  The same is present with the description of the Support subforums for Age of Mythology and Age of Empires III.  The text background color issue is the same regardless which browser I use to view the forums, Internet Explorer 11, Chrome 43 or Project Spartan (Edge) 15.

sK7368U.png

Edited by rhrmn

Plus, it's the community and web team's responsibility to prioritize.  They asked for feedback and I'll continue to provide it as long as they will listen to me.  The last thing I want to do is create another website or forum feedback thread in the suggestions forum and spend time listing unaddressed feedback which would likely be put in low priority for months if not years.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts