2. Scout
  3. Fishing Boat
  4. Ox Cart
  5. Clubman
  6. Spearman
  7. Long Swordsman
  8. Toxotes
  9. Slinger
  10. Stone Thrower (which was both in AoE as an early-age catapult and in AoEO, of course)
  11. Throwing Axeman
  12. Hoplite
  13. Musketeer
  14. Crossbowman
  15. Chariot Archer
  16. Cataphract
  17. Knight
  18. Champion
  19. War Elephant
  20. High Priest of Wololo
  21. Titan

Well... That happened fast [blink]      

A couple more suggestions:

1. Grenadier
  2. Hero (Doesn't sound great on a list, but would look good under a name)
  3. O.P.

Can't think of any more right now, but there are plenty of funny ones that'd be great for a prank or April's Fools day.

Not sure if  less is more here. From my personal experiences, having a lot of hidden ranks is awesome. People will post just to find out what those are (this is what we did in my first clan, our members had no idea what lied ahead). I guess the community team will have to decide that for themselves.

Edited by DoD_Nakamura

Just made some big changes based off your feedback. What do you guys think?

​OK, Steve.  You don't have to reply to my 21-point plan.  Your silence says enough.  I know it is overboard.  I suppose that many distinctions would get lost in the shuffle.  And perhaps I am the only person who wants High Priests of Wololo.  I don't know how that could be, but I am willing to concede it.

Right now, you have Champions lasting for 2500 posts (from post 2500 to 5000).  At even my posting rate, I am going nowhere for another year or two.  And when I become a Titan, I will have been a Champion for half of my time.

So here's my plea: Starting at 1000 posts, can we at least have a new rank every 500?  Say something like:

1000: Longbowman (or your choice of best archer in the series)

1500: Cataphract (or your choice of best cavalry in the series)

2000: Knight

3000: War Elephant (There is nothing more dominating than a herd of war elephants, and you know it.)

4000: Champion

5000: Titan (or you could make this High Priest of Wololo and kick out the Titan to 6000.  Just saying.)

See, I am turning 3000 this summer, and there is nothing else I want than to be a war elephant.  Simple things for simple people, I know. 

There is nothing more dominating than a herd of war elephants, and you know it.

What about "Cannon Tower" for 3.000 to 3.999? Andy, I know you want it!!

There is nothing more frightening when looking at a Castle then those "dogdam Cannon Tower" (C) Andy Pierce

1. Idle Villager
  2. Scout
  3. Fishing Boat
  4. Ox Cart
  5. Clubman
  6. Spearman
  7. Long Swordsman
  8. Toxotes
  9. Slinger
  10. Stone Thrower (which was both in AoE as an early-age catapult and in AoEO, of course)
  11. Throwing Axeman
  12. Hoplite
  13. Musketeer
  14. Crossbowman
  15. Chariot Archer
  16. Cataphract
  17. Knight
  18. Champion
  19. War Elephant
  20. High Priest of Wololo
  21. Titan

​22. Shawn_imoto

​OK, Steve.  You don't have to reply to my 21-point plan.  Your silence says enough.

Just waiting for some more feedback! Although I agree that there is probably too big of a gap between Champion and Titan.

​Enough feedback?

Edited by Andy Pierce

​OK, Steve.  You don't have to reply to my 21-point plan.  Your silence says enough.

Just waiting for some more feedback! Although I agree that there is probably too big of a gap between Champion and Titan.

​Enough feedback?

Number 22 should close the deal. Though, I think that there is another big gap between Titan and Shawn_imoto.

10,000+ omniscient because if you have 10,000+ you are going to know all see all and understand all well at least with the going ons in the forum any way.

We have in the Forum about 60.000 Posts at the moment, one member we all know has nearly 3.000 Posts, so about every 20th post is from this member. Is there any other member with around 3.000 Posts?

If not, why can't we call 3.001 - 5.000 posts "Andy Pierce" - You eat, drink, breath, sleep and live in the Forum.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts