OK, Steve.  You don't have to reply to my 21-point plan.  Your silence says enough.  I know it is overboard.  I suppose that many distinctions would get lost in the shuffle.  And perhaps I am the only person who wants High Priests of Wololo.  I don't know how that could be, but I am willing to concede it.

Right now, you have Champions lasting for 2500 posts (from post 2500 to 5000).  At even my posting rate, I am going nowhere for another year or two.  And when I become a Titan, I will have been a Champion for half of my time.

So here's my plea: Starting at 1000 posts, can we at least have a new rank every 500?  Say something like:

1000: Longbowman (or your choice of best archer in the series)

1500: Cataphract (or your choice of best cavalry in the series)

2500: Knight

4000: War Elephant (There is nothing more dominating than a herd of war elephants, and you know it.)

6000: Champion

8000: Titan (or you could make this High Priest of Wololo and kick out the Titan to 10000.  Just saying.)

See, I am turning 3000 this summer, and there is nothing else I want than to be a war elephant.  Simple things for simple people, I know. 

There is nothing more dominating than a herd of war elephants, and you know it.

Plus2Joe, any way you can make this happen?  I still pine to be a war elephant.  In fact, 

@Plus2Joe can we wait with this war elephant thing till Andy has 6.000 posts? There is nothing more I want than seeing (and reading) Andy if this change happens after he has left the corridor ...

@Andy Pierce I think you need to make it that way to make it show up in the notification stream of someone ... and somehow your post does not look quite finished!

@Andy Pierce type the @ sign and then start typing the user name with only small letters NO CAPITALS. That was my mistake first, I always typed the name like it is in the Forum (with capitals) and wondered why the selection list did not pop up. I type 4 letters after the @‌-sign and then you have to wait (as with all other things in this forum) a few moments, then you will see a list of names matching the letters you typed. Simply select the one you want.

Plus2Joe, any way you can make this happen?  I still pine to be a war elephant.  In fact, 

This looks pretty straightforward to change.

How many people are anywhere near those upper echelons though? I may have to dig through the database to see.

Ah! The answer is 0. Andy, you have the honor of having the highest post count on the boards.

Edited by MS dariakus

Just wanted to let you guys know the changes to the web site performance have been noticed..  Kudos to the techy that worked out the issue..

I think most of us had just gotten used to this site behaving like it was on 56k dialup..  But that is no more :)

Yes we welcome the community in 2015!

This looks pretty straightforward to change.

How many people are anywhere near those upper echelons though? I may have to dig through the database to see.

Ah! The answer is 0. Andy, you have the honor of having the highest post count on the boards.

As again 2 months have passed, is this still straight forward? If the problem is only that war elephant thing, maybe we can start without it (and if you really want to go with @Andy Pierce proposal, can we rename the rank starting at 1500 to Mamluk [biggrin], or, if that is for whatever reason not possible, I wanna be a Dardanelles Gun starting with 1500)

Or shall we make a poll where the majority of the forum can decide about the names of these ranks and we get them as a Christmas present.

I also remember about some new promised Avatar pictures (btw: any chance VCMs can use their own picture as "others" are allowed to do? zyiKT0H.gif ).

And, this of course would be a topping, any chance of getting a few more Emoticons?

Say, being as there is nothing past the 3,000 mark, and being that only a few of us are realistically ever going to achieve it, any room in your heart for our input?  Trebuchet is super boring.  No offense.  It just is.  It is a machine.  Zero personality.  Might as well just make it Fishing Boat or Ziggurat. 

High Priest of Wololo, however, is not super boring.  Or War Elephant.

And "Ox Cart" is a laff riot?

Well if you say so.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts