Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS IamPREZSTEVE

The Forum Avatar Gallery Is Back!

Avatars are back! All users can now select an avatar from the avatar gallery. To do this, navigate to your profile using the dropdown menu in the upper-right, then click your avatar. You'll be taken to a gallery containing all of the avatars from the previous forums.

We're still investigating custom avatars for users behind a certain rank, as well as adding more avatars to the gallery.

Well worth the wait.  I was just about to ask you if it was too late to add more avatars to the gallery because I had hoped they would be added at the same time the gallery was launched.

​Any chance the team could review the latest community avatar requests and incorporate them into the new forums the same time as the old ones are being transferred?  It has been over a year now since new avatars proposed by the community were added to the gallery.

​We can definitely take a look at these. The gallery update would be a perfect time to add some new avatars into the mix.​

Well worth the wait.  I was just about to ask you if it was too late to add more avatars to the gallery because I had hoped they would be added at the same time the gallery was launched.

​Don't worry. I haven't forgotten about that. We're in the process of looking through these now.

We just didn't want to delay getting this update out while we sort through the community submissions.

Are forum avatars gone again?

Yes.  It sure would be great if someone on the community team could take just one minute and address this in a forum post.

I can select avatars, so guess it is back... don't see the new user created avatars of the July contest... at least not the ones I made (didn't win, but still could be added I feel).

I can select avatars, so guess it is back... don't see the new user created avatars of the July contest... at least not the ones I made (didn't win, but still could be added I feel).

I know a few community coordinators are at Gamescom representing some of the new Xbox titles, including IamPREZSTEVE.  I'm sure the Wololo Wednesday winners' avatars along with the latest avatars in the old submission thread will be added soon, including the collection of AoEO avatars from the community event.

Avatars are back! All users can now select an avatar from the avatar gallery. To do this, navigate to your profile using the dropdown menu in the upper-right, then click your avatar. You'll be taken to a gallery containing all of the avatars from the previous forums.

We're still investigating custom avatars for users behind a certain rank, as well as adding more avatars to the gallery.

It is so much more fun to quote Steve just to draw his attention.

I wonder if we see Steve back... Garmonbozia81 told in another post that he was working on another project and that turned out to be Crackdown 3. Also shinyidol  moved to Quantum Break it seems. I wonder where this community is going...

• We still have slow forums
  • Now this gallery thing
  • No / slow reply on PM's

[thumbdn]

I wonder if we see Steve back... Garmonbozia81 told in another post that he was working on another project and that turned out to be Crackdown 3. Also shinyidol  moved to Quantum Break it seems. I wonder where this community is going...

• We still have slow forums
  • Now this gallery thing
  • No / slow reply on PM's

[thumbdn]

those guys have been dotting in and out of many titles over the years.  AoE is a flagship MS title.  I have heard word that there have been some very sad layoffs of some of our finest paid AoE Devs, but none of them (that I know of) are folks who I've ever spoken to or of on this forum.  (The layoffs hit the AoE2, 3, and AoM steam HD release crowd, of which I am merely a casual observer.)

At any rate, I dont think we have any reason to believe anyone is leaving us.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts